New one from Belgium

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
ralphr1780

Post by ralphr1780 »

Hi to all from a newbie living just across the pond in Belgium.
I had promised myself last year that in 2020 I will go for an F-Type V6-380 AWD Coupé and kept patient.
With the arrival in early Jan of the new styling and engine combo, I lost traction, purely personal appreciation.
Turned actively looking for alternative brands/models and almost got hooked on the P-911, who wouldn’t, till my kids pulled me out just before signing the contract.
So went back, more determined than ever, checking JLR stock of new and approved MY19-20 V6-380 Coupé (4 new RWD and only one MY19 approved AWD White). Private ads showed older cars.
I also called a salesman I knew at JLR and told him to search for me. Couple of weeks later he rings saying he has one not to miss coming in: AWD Caldera Red, reading 4400km, owned by JLR for a marketing manager but definitely not a demo car, immaculate condition, black leather with contrasting red stitching, …
Went to see it first time when it just arrived to the concession, outdoor parked between a Carpathian Grey and a BRG: fatal attraction. :o
Second visit took the family along, it was inside the showroom shiny new, it got immediately all votes. The salesman showed me in full transparency the two firm options he had received for it and gave me 48h priority. Next morning I dropped to sign and finalise.
Honestly was relieved paying almost half the 911 budget. 8-)
But since, the Covid-19 got in between, we went on lockdown and car registration procedures got slowed down for all.
7 weeks went by, now I expect to have the registration done by next week and be able to collect the car right after.
I will post pics and more details as soon as it is home.
Have been reading you since a couple of weeks now, and found this forum to be very respectful with lot of valuable info sharing.
Hope to be able to bring some contribution too.
Thanks for reading!
ralph
V6S-AWD-Coupé-LHD-Caldera Red-MY20 aka Red Devil
SVR-Coupé-LHD-Santorini Black-MY20 aka Nyx

scm

Post by scm »

ralphr1780 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:44 am Honestly was relieved paying almost half the 911 budget. 8-)
Welcome to the club! And twice the car for half the price is a definite win! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Welcome to the club Ralph, I know the pain of waiting but all that will be forgotten on the way home with your new love! Look forward to seeing the photos!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome!

And yes, you'll be glad you came to your senses - the theatre of the driving experience always wins out over scalpel precision and you'll not stop grinning!

Have to say, the 7 week plus interlude must be driving you nuts - it will be worth it 8-)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
ralphr1780

Post by ralphr1780 »

Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to sharing the soon to come excitement.
ralph
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

Welcome you have made a very good choice, 911’s are far too common in Belgium.
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG
ralphr1780

Post by ralphr1780 »

Thanks NCE 61, hope we cross each other sometime soon on the road.
Meanwhile, I am still waiting for the registration... another week gone by :cry:
ralph
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Welcome. 380 is a good choice although mine is 2WD and a soft top.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@ ralphr1780 ___ Welcome, and well done steering clear of the Porsche ! Last year I did a tour with my son through the Alps of 7000kM, we've come across ONE cabrio F-Type with Italian plates, one XK8, one vintage Lamborghini, some hyper cars in Monaco, about 7 Germans plate Corvettes and .. ZILLIONS of Porches.. .. such a cliché... In Italy we were told by a local Porsche driver that nobody bot Italian sportscars since Porsches are sóó cheap...
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

Welcome fellow country man !
Hope to see you on the road sometime. On my 650km commutes a week I can count the F-types with 1 or two fingers ;)
Nick
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red