Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

Tel

Post by Tel »

I might have to put fingers to keyboard soon then if there is enough interest.

Got to finish cleaning white work/conservatories and putting bunting up in the street for VE Day remembrance celebrations....this working from home malarkey is hard work! It's easier offshore ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Tel wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:51 pm I might have to put fingers to keyboard soon then if there is enough interest.

Got to finish cleaning white work/conservatories and putting bunting up in the street for VE Day remembrance celebrations....this working from home malarkey is hard work! It's easier offshore ;-)
Thanks Tel, would really appreciate it! Definitely something I'd like to look into having at my fingertips :D
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Certainly be interesting what the Pro version gives over the free version, last time I tried the free it was a bit of a pain setting up dials. I have one of the £4.99 ebay chinese OBD2 bluetooth scanners, bit hit and miss on connection but seemed ok when connected for the basic error codes and simple info. (not tried it on the Jag though! Not sure it'll support the newer protocols)

Yep I've never worked so physically hard since being furloughed!!!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
darstellar

Post by darstellar »

J0nny88 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:57 pm Hi Guys,

Jonny from Newcastle here.

Just bought myself a 15 plate F Type R.

Hasn’t arrived yet but excited to say the least.

I’ve wanted this car for over 5 years but the time came where I could afford it and I went for it.

I don’t know much about functions so was wondering if someone could help on if there was an oil temp garage? I always waited for my previous car (Audi S3) to get to 70-80c before I opened it up.

Cheers!
Welcome mate, I recently just bought an F-Type R and came from Audi S3 as well! How funny. Night and day difference in cars, the Jag is so much more fun. Not having the actual oil temp threw me as well but I just wait until the gauge on the dash reaches the middle which usually doesn't take long at all!
V8 RWD Coupe
Wrapped in Satin Red.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Problem is, the water temp has little bearing on oil temp.

Consider that the engine and drive train's mass far exceeds that of most other cars, and as such I'd take a lot longer than that before I opened mine up.

Interestingly it takes about 6 or seven hours to cool the engines to ambient temp as they are so physically large!

Oil usually takes 10 mins of gentle driving before I would even think of loading it up, but then I want my engine to last as it's a keeper.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
J0nny88

Post by J0nny88 »

darstellar wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:50 am
J0nny88 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:57 pm Hi Guys,

Jonny from Newcastle here.

Just bought myself a 15 plate F Type R.

Hasn’t arrived yet but excited to say the least.

I’ve wanted this car for over 5 years but the time came where I could afford it and I went for it.

I don’t know much about functions so was wondering if someone could help on if there was an oil temp garage? I always waited for my previous car (Audi S3) to get to 70-80c before I opened it up.

Cheers!
Welcome mate, I recently just bought an F-Type R and came from Audi S3 as well! How funny. Night and day difference in cars, the Jag is so much more fun. Not having the actual oil temp threw me as well but I just wait until the gauge on the dash reaches the middle which usually doesn't take long at all!
Hi mate!

Haha that’s mad. I’m looking forward to it!

I bet the lack of turbo lag and throttle response was a nice change?!

Yeah I’m goi f to probably wait a good 10-15 mins before I horse it. The S3 took ages especially in winter for the oil to be hot.

How you finding it so far?
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Tel wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:32 pm.. That's why I run Torque Pro. ..
I have this since 2012, but didn't dare to use it in my F-Type as there is some mishap with an error code or something
if you use a OBD2 adapter ? I have been trolling the service manager for the Benelux and he didn't come back with
any 'approved' BT/WiFi OBD2 adapter 'acceptable' for JLR...

So now I'd like to know ; do you get error codes in your dash, which make/model OBD2 plug do you use.. ???
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
scm

Post by scm »

I don't think the issue is error codes, but some OBD connections don't disconnect cleanly which leaves the car in an electrical drain state (clue being the light in the hazard switch never goes out). The cure is to briefly disconnect the battery. I've never had the issue when my trusted Independent has plugged in but, like Dan, I've haven't dared use my bluetooth dongle, "just in case". ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

..5 yrs guarantee.. ..3 to-go..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post