New to this site and looking to own an F-Type

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Volley

Post by Volley »

Welcome,
I only joined the forum this week and have found it very friendly and full of good information.
Don’t hesitate to buy an Ftype it really is as good a car as it looks
MY21 First Edition R-Dynamic P450
5l V8 RWD
Eiger Grey

Ianm

Post by Ianm »

Best looking car around, always loved them and couldn’t believe they were close to my budget. I almost bought a boring car but then I saw one advertised close to 20k and it started me looking
scm

Post by scm »

Ianm wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:20 pm Best looking car around, always loved them and couldn’t believe they were close to my budget. I almost bought a boring car but then I saw one advertised close to 20k and it started me looking
I used that logic back in 2007 when I bought my first Jaguar - a used XK8 - and haven't looked back (except to see following cars quickly grow small in my mirrors!). Great minds! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
basher

Post by basher »

Ianm wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:20 pm Best looking car around, always loved them and couldn’t believe they were close to my budget. I almost bought a boring car but then I saw one advertised close to 20k and it started me looking
Snap. I had a TTS. Was thinking of upgrading to a TTRS, but got a V6 F-Type for about the same money. 😁
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Ianm

Post by Ianm »

Am I right in thinking a lot of F-Type’s don’t have cruise control? I’m looking at pictures and seeing some have blanks on the right side of the steering wheel, seems an odd spec to have Things like the exhaust button and pan roof but no cruise.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Maybe you have seen some with the button for heated steering wheel blank, if the option wasn't fitted?
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yes, sometimes the whole of the RH steering wheel control is blank, if no heated wheel or cruise optioned.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Ianm

Post by Ianm »

Yeah I’ve seen a few, i’m guessing it’s because of my low budget that some of the cheaper cars are lower spec. Surprised cruise wasn’t standard, pretty basic thing to have on a 50k car by 2014
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

The steering wheel looks awful without the cruise option. I was surprised it was an option when I started looking for mine.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
scm

Post by scm »

If you buy an F-type as a track toy why would you need the weight of cruise control that you'd never use? ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post