New to this site and looking to own an F-Type

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Lewis4681

Post by Lewis4681 »

Ian, think you emailed me about my f type. Have emailed you back, is a better car than the white one
Stratus grey v6 coupe

badger

Post by badger »

Ianm wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:43 pm
When it says Less etc etc does that mean it’s items that are often Standard?
I think less means it doesn't have it.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
Ianm

Post by Ianm »

Sorry should of been more specific, are the “less” items things that I should expect it to have or items that I should want in a car? I don’t mind it being a lower spec but some of those seem to be things that I could assume should be standard, every days a school day.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I posted the build spec of the actual car.
LESS means does not have. IE not installed. So for example the one your looking at does not have front parking sensors, rear camera, exhaust noisy button etc.

Other items are not as obvious such as tailgate will always be listed but will say conventional or powered. Sound system will say L1, L2, L3 or L4.

What you want is up to you. This is an original base 340PS and nothing wrong with that if that's what you want.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Ianm

Post by Ianm »

Yeah I see what you mean, the noisy button would be nice, I wasn’t aware it was an option, would you know if the default is noisy or quiet. again the powered tailgate would be handy, as would heated seats, I took it for granted these would be standard to be honest
scm

Post by scm »

Ianm wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:46 pm Yeah I see what you mean, the noisy button would be nice, I wasn’t aware it was an option, would you know if the default is noisy or quiet.
If you have the active exhaust the valves will open above certain revs to give it a real growl. In non-dynamic mode the exhaust is tame up to about 3,500 rpm after which the valves open and "impress" the following car. In dynamic mode the valves are open all the time. AIUI, all the button does is allow you to defeat the opening in dynamic mode (= quiet-ish) or force the opening in non-dynamic mode (though in this latter case it's not as fierce as when in dynamic). Regardless of the button setting the valves open up above 3,500 rpm anyway. Hope this helps, and doesn't confuse you too much! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Ianm wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:46 pm Yeah I see what you mean, the noisy button would be nice, I wasn’t aware it was an option, would you know if the default is noisy or quiet. again the powered tailgate would be handy, as would heated seats, I took it for granted these would be standard to be honest
Seems you need to do some more research and firstly decide on what you want. The white one you were looking at is a base spec 340. Have some test drives and decide what's important to you.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Ianm

Post by Ianm »

Yes for sure.
badger

Post by badger »

Ianm wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:46 pm , I took it for granted these would be standard to be honest
the equipment you get on a focus will be more comprehensive than a higher end car, this is where the costs really start to climb, a base car is literally that, then if you more goodies then the options list will take it above the next level car ie an s or dynamic, which some bits then come as standard and so it goes on and on.
I had a focus st new 4 yrs ago that had just about everything for 24k but it was still only a focus.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

The white 64 plate car has now sold..

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post