New Forum Member

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Volley

Post by Volley »

DSC04351.jpg

Hiya,

Just joined the Forum and thought I would introduce myself.
After several months of searching I finally bought myself an F type V6s version last autumn and am absolutely loving it.

I thought I reached my motoring peak a few years ago when I bought a 911 C2S (997) but in my humble opinion the F type is even better. Admittedly the 911 may handle better on the ragged edge but the F type isn't far behind under normal driving conditions and is one of the best looking cars on the road.

I can remember my uncle buying an E type Jaguar in 1967 when I was a young boy and it left a lasting impression on me, he is now in his late 80's and still one of the best drivers I have met - he was well impressed with the F type when I took it up to show him.

Looking forward to learning more about my new toy from this forum

DSC04349.jpg

MY21 First Edition R-Dynamic P450
5l V8 RWD
Eiger Grey

devbrodie

Post by devbrodie »

Welcome - you'll love the car more and more as you get used to it. I've had mine for 7 months and have still not managed to really try it out properly (a mixture of rubbish weather and the fact that I've only just hit 2500 miles) . I had it over legal speeds the other day on some twisty roads, but because it was the 1st time having such a spirited drive, I was careful not to go too daft in the corners - just the straights.

Also only just go the hang of keeping the pops & bangs going... Keep it in Dynamic and sport modes, use the paddles and keep the revs to about 2,300 and they sound awesome.

The car is a real head-turner, you'll get tons of glances and comments

Enjoy the feeling of permanently achy cheeks from the huge grin...
MY18 - F-Type 3L V6 R-dynamic AWD
Black Pack
Driver Pack
Winter Pack
Performance Seats
Meridian Surround Sound
Volley

Post by Volley »

Thanks devbrodie, I'm getting used to the admiring glances and the performance- will bear your advice in mind, its my first non-manual sports car so am adapting slowly :-)
5l V8 RWD
Eiger Grey
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome!

Very nice - and photos with your introduction post too - you'll get on well here :D

Even got your centre cap growlers pointing chin to valve - got to have the pussycat looking it's immaculate best.

I can imagine how chuffed your uncle was to see the car - must have brought back some good memories of his E-Type, so well worth the journey.

...like you ever need an excuse to go for a drive in one of these fine beasts!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Volley

Post by Volley »

Thanks Lunar
Chris from Exel wheels taught me about having the centre caps pointing to the valve when he refurbished my 911 wheels :-)
The lockdown has curtailed my opportunity to go for a drive just for the hell of it but I think this cat may be a keeper so plenty of time to enjoy it!
5l V8 RWD
Eiger Grey
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Welcome to the forum.

Great that you’re carrying on the tradition from your uncle........I can see why he was well impressed when he saw the car! ;)

Like you, it’s also my first non-manual sports car. Took me a while to get used to it but have now fully adapted and loving it!

Plenty of useful information on this forum.

Enjoy your new toy!
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Volley

Post by Volley »

Thanks RPSN,
Forum does look full of useful information
5l V8 RWD
Eiger Grey
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Welcome to the forum, love that colour!
Volley

Post by Volley »

Thanks GusA
The colour is an SVR special one apparently, fingers crossed I never need touch up paint, don't think Halfrauds would sell it :-)
5l V8 RWD
Eiger Grey
scm

Post by scm »

Volley wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:44 pm Forum does look full of useful information
And in this case looks aren't deceptive! ;)
Welcome aboard!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post