New to the site

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Peten1706

Post by Peten1706 »

Hi everyone thanks for letting me join your forum.

About five years ago I was heading along the A55 in North Wales on my way to Anglesey and found myself following a black F type. From that moment on, I was hooked!

In around 3 to 6 months I should be in a position to finally buy one and whilst my budget will be below £30K..... I simply cannot wait!

This might be a stupid question but other than auto trader and Jaguar dealers is there anywhere else I should look for an F type?

Thanks 😁

scm

Post by scm »

Pistonheads and the For Sale/Wanted section of this site? ;)
And welcome to the forum.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Welcome to the forum!

My first option would be Jaguar Used Approved. Your budget may limit that avenue somewhat but you might be lucky in these times.

I would caution against a used car showroom. Again, your budget is at the lower end of the scale. They might be showroom shiny but at your budget they might be high mileage & or questionable history/ownership.

Unfortunately, due to The Corona Virus, there are private owners quite keen to sell, low mileage, cherished examples. An owner on this forum is selling a beautiful white 2L Coupe. He’s already dropped the price & the spec is amazing, including Michelin Tyres & all sorts of upgrades.

I would post an advert on here & the F-Type Owners Facebook page. You’ll be surprised what might come along. Lots are enthusiast owned, weekend-only, garage queens. Usually this means low miles too 👍. You might bag a beauty for a very reasonable price.

F-Types do have a few known faults. Research what they are & ask lots of questions of the seller. Check service history etc. When viewing go over EVERY inch, inside & out, with a fine tooth comb. Take a small torch & mirror to look in every nook & cranny.

Good Luck with your search. Lots of very helpful & knowledgeable folk on here will always answer any questions you may have 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
badger

Post by badger »

plenty of approved used jaguars can be had around that price, also bear in mind dealers will be keen to shift stock, they will come with min 12 month warranty. here are a couple of examples.
https://supersearch.sytner.co.uk/?&ictd ... 2%5D%7D%5D .
https://www.sytner.co.uk/car-search/110 ... 42ba359a7e .
https://www.stratstone.com/search/vehic ... s/lf65bfo/
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

That is good news for the OP 👍

In that case OP I’d be looking to purchase through Jaguar Used Approved. Sounds like you are saving hard for this purchase, as I did. I wanted a low mileage example with the peace of mind of Jaguar support & warranty.

Would also explore the private sellers. Just use extra caution if one comes your way.

Post the details on here & you’ll receive sage advice.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Volley

Post by Volley »

Welcome,
I only joined the forum myself this week but have found lots of useful information and that it’s a very friendly site.
I decided to stick with main Jaguar dealer when I bought mine last autumn, 2 year warranty and peace of mind swung it for me on such an expensive car
MY21 First Edition R-Dynamic P450
5l V8 RWD
Eiger Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post