Hello!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Skinnyman88

Post by Skinnyman88 »

Greetings everyone,

I’ve just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself....

I’m in Lincolnshire and I’ve joined because I’m actively looking to buy an F type at the end of this year. I will no doubt have loads of questions and so I’ll be seeking advice from the people that know most - the current owners!

And once I’ve bought, of course, I’ll be able to make more of a positive contribution to the forum in return 😁

This will be my third Jag - I had a 16MY XJ which I loved but was just too big for daily use (plus Mrs S wasn’t keen on driving it) so I replaced it with an E pace for the supermarket runs and a promise to myself to get an F Type. I’m pretty much decided now on a V6 S and I’m at the stage of monitoring the adverts and browsing the forums to make myself as informed a buyer as I can be.

At which point I’ll probably do what I usually do and throw logic out of the window and buy the first car I go to see just because it’s so pretty....

So, thanks for having me and please excuse any dumb questions - I will try and use the search function before I ask 😁
MY20 P300, Black/Oyster, Panoramic roof, memory seats and some other bits and pieces

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the forum! Plenty of help on here when you need it. Remember there's no such thing as a stupid question, though there may be some that don't deserve answering! :D

Take your time when looking, there are lots out there, and they're all gorgeous, but some are more gorgeous than others ... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the search! There’s loads of good info on the forum already and some incredibly helpful and knowledgeable owners as well.

Plenty of test drives first!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello & welcome!

As scm has said, there’s an encyclopaedia of F-Type knowledge within the forum. A quick search can often bring you the information without having to raise the question 😄

Lincolnshire is one of my favourite counties, due to its links to RAF, Dambusters etc. Most of my F-Type drives take me into ‘Bomber County’ 👍

Good Luck with your search. Carry out your homework & all the best. If it’s your sort of thing there are regular meets of F-Types & Jaguar owners. A great community.

Darren
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Skinnyman88

Post by Skinnyman88 »

A quick update....

I test drove a P380 last week and.....it really didn't do it for me I'm afraid. It may have been that specific car on those specific wheels but it was choppy and "nervous" and the throttle response was like a hair trigger.

OK, I'm exaggerating a bit but I was really disappointed by the ride quality and the savage throttle response.

Yesterday I test drove a 48-mile pre-reg P300 (pre-facelift) and fell in love. Super creamy power delivery, beautiful balance and a really nice ride quality, even on the 20" wheel, more than enough power for the roads round here and a very good price.

I pick it up in a week.
MY20 P300, Black/Oyster, Panoramic roof, memory seats and some other bits and pieces
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club! Sounds like you did your due diligence before purchase and settled on the right one for you - not every one does that. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Congratulations! Now the longest week ever starts!
Skinnyman88

Post by Skinnyman88 »

Thanks.

A very long week but I’m managing to fill the time by sorting out squashy luggage, a dashcam and any other accessories I can think of before it turns up 😁

I was really surprised that I ended up with the 300 as I’d convinced myself that I needed the V6! Part of me still lusts after that noise (and the V8 of I’m honest) but for the driving I do on the roads i use, the 300 is just perfect.

Now, back to Amazon....
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Skinnyman88 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:40 pm I was really surprised that I ended up with the 300 as I’d convinced myself that I needed the V6! Part of me still lusts after that noise (and the V8 of I’m honest) but for the driving I do on the roads i use, the 300 is just perfect.
I know where you're coming from there, I also went to get myself a V6, and picked the P300, it is a lovely driving machine. You can get it to burble and pop, even if it's not got the total noise, and you don't have to feel like an Asbo each time you start it ;)

Enjoy!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Skinnyman88

Post by Skinnyman88 »

And here she is, waiting for me when I went to pick her up this morning...

938EFFE1-F83D-47AF-B8D5-8E6C147AB06C.jpeg