Afternoon Chaps - Confused potential owner here!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Watto

Post by Watto »

Afternoon all.
I will be having a V8 at some point, I just need to attend to the garage extension so I can get the F Type in, and I can open the door to get out.
Not leaving an expensive car on view if at all possible.

COVID has pretty much kicked that into touch for this year now, but I have still been doing my homework on the spec and year I would like.
And there lies my predicament. Is there anywhere I can browse to see what has been added, remove, changes from 2017 (LED lights) onwards? Such as the increased size of the displays (button removal), what is standard equipment, what is not?
This will help me narrow down my choices and also able to ask the garages the correct questions before going to view.

Cheers all.

Watto.

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Hi and welcome,

Search on this forum as someone recently posted a link to all the Jaguar brochures through the years of F Type. As well as the published and obvious changes there are also other changes (improvements?) that don’t get published like electrical changes etc. I have the 10” display but I’m not sure it’s an improvement over the earlier 8” display for example. The very newest cars are quieter too....
Watto

Post by Watto »

Cheers GusA. Interesting about quieter too, I had heard that ( no pun intended ). At what point did that occur, would you know?
Cheers
Watto
Deleted User 1715

Certainly the MY20 cars like mine have a petrol particulate filter which dampens the lovely noises but there was also a software change due to drive-by noise which some say has reduced the sound, introduced a couple of years ago. Convertible drivers hear more of the noises obviously but the coupe looks nicer to most and is more practical if that’s important to you. Early cars suffered scratches to the side windows due to the seal. Most cars have surface rust issues with the steel bracing underneath but this was improved in early 2018, but still not perfect. Differential problems aren’t as rare as they should be so look for leaks there and listen for grinding noises at low speed on full lock etc. Good luck with your search and look up SimpleR on here as he can look up the history of cars from their registration number and has a huge amount of knowledge of theses cars history.
scm

Post by scm »

GusA wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:45 pm... there was also a software change due to drive-by noise which some say has reduced the sound ...
If you're referring to H136 "Pass by Noise in Latched Special Programs Mode", all it did to mine was cancel the 6 hour memory of dynamic mode and made it subtlely quieter at low revs (or so my petrolhead neighbour asserts!). In dynamic at all revs, and above 4k rpm in D, it still roars like it used to.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

scm wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:42 pm
GusA wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:45 pm... there was also a software change due to drive-by noise which some say has reduced the sound ...
If you're referring to H136 "Pass by Noise in Latched Special Programs Mode", all it did to mine was cancel the 6 hour memory of dynamic mode and made it subtlely quieter at low revs (or so my petrolhead neighbour asserts!). In dynamic at all revs, and above 4k rpm in D, it still roars like it used to.
Yep, that’s the one I was referring to, some say it’s made their cars quieter and some don’t! Go figure. The PPF definitely makes it much quieter though, sadly. ☹️
Sir Jagalot

Post by Sir Jagalot »

I'm sure an ECU remap from Viezu or Velocity AP will bring back the pops and bangs, as well as a more responsive drive.
Deleted User 1715

Sir Jagalot wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:13 pm I'm sure an ECU remap from Viezu or Velocity AP will bring back the pops and bangs, as well as a more responsive drive.
I don’t want to void the warranty or damage anything. I get the pops and bangs but they’re quite muted from the test drive I did of a MY19 P380 before I ordered mine. Thinking I may have to go for 200 cell sports cats or a VelocityAP back box, hoping to talk to some owners at a meet sometime, when it’s allowed!
Watto

Post by Watto »

Thanks again chaps

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post