New UltraBlue

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Blakums

Post by Blakums »

I had Santorini black....lovely colour but a bugger to keep clean!
Then I got an Ultra Blue SVR...just beautiful...biased opinion but it was the best colour!
Just wanted to wish you many happy hours of gorgeous motoring! And to post you a couple of picks! Stay safe! 👍

17AF473B-559D-468D-BCE4-7E68F61C933B.jpeg

C66A62A7-9031-46D6-89A6-1ADAD330EB8C.jpeg

Currently a McLaren 600LT Spider
Previously a Mc 570S Spider and an Ultra Blue SVR MY 19.5 with lots of goodies!
Er indoors has an MY21 Firenze red EPace HSE

Gibson

Post by Gibson »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

It's great to see some of the other Ultra Blues from members. Dan, that's a great view from your work.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Gibson wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:53 pm Dan, that's a great view from your work.
I am retired.. ..its my [ computer] desk in my home.. :P

I am actually trying to dedicate my time to finishing the twin carport that I am building for the Jags.. .. its a lot of hassle..

I started with concrete plates as garden paving. Seemed a good idea as the doubled as foundation for the carport..
So designed a steel sectioned frame , parts I could handle on my own. Nothing more then 18Kg.

The chemical anchoring was new to me, quite a learning curve. Then I thought about the roof ; wooden sleepers
with sandwich aluminium panels with insulation to keep the noise down in the rain.. [ 5m from my bedroom window].

Getting the screws through 7cm of panel, and 6cm wooden sleepers into the steel frame was a bit of a nightmare ;
the drillbits easily broke off..

Then I wanted it to look like the rest of our veranda's . Bricklayed footings and wooden columns. This meant I had to
clad the pillars with planks, cut under a 45 degree angle.. So I bought a table saw and a nailgun also..

The last chore is finishing the edges of the columns. But the planks varied from 30mm-35mm with a 45 degree cut
on two sides that means meandering sides... But its getting there soon. I am now looking into tooling to even the
edges and a glue/saw mixture to fill the seams and sand them even..

Last thing is the planks covering the edges of the panels, these are 12Kg each. So I use temporary brackets to suspend
these to fix the planks with glue and screws to the sleepers..

A very eleborate way of building, but its the result what counts. And I love the smell of fresh cut timber... :mrgreen:

When its finished, before next weekend I hope, I will post a picture with the cars in their new home.. :lol:

The erected frame [ welded in 4mm steel, zinced, all RFS bolts and EPDM footing dampers, transport total € 2600 ].
Width 6,5m depth 3,6m . Roof 7m x 5m ].

IMG_20200520_211430507.jpg

The bricklayer [ one skill too much to master ], building the six footings covering the steel plates bolted to the concrete...

poertjes.jpg

Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

wow .. thats some construction you have there .. well impressed
even your work man overalls are ultimate blue :lol:

is this going to be a carport or full garage ?
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

kaspa wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:35 pm wow .. thats some construction you have there .. well impressed even your work man overalls are ultimate blue :lol: is this going to be a carport or full garage ?

Even better : I put a sign up "Jaguar parking only BLUE"... :mrgreen:

With a full garage normal foundations for the wall would be more stable. But I am thinking of maken a screen type fence on one side to keep the rain out.

Just fitted the roof edges in the front. Mixing glue with saw dust makes a magical filler : the wholes are instantly invisible.. 8-)
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

a lovely great project .. well done :)
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Thanks ! I'll send pics when its finished..