V6 or V6S

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
qprpaul

Post by qprpaul »

Hi,

I am a potential buyer and am looking at "Pretty" 2013-16, V6's, or V6S's. My question is or are.

1) Are 375hp V6S's a lot more desirable than the 335bhp?

2) Is there a significant price difference?

3) Are the V6S's significantly different to drive?

I am looking at an investment that I can use sometimes (Would probably do less than 2K miles a year) rather than a daily drive.

Would be delighted to hear any feedback, thanks

Paul

scm

Post by scm »

Very few cars are good investments, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. On the other hand, if you want a fantastic car, keep looking!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Personally I think a V6S is worth the extra, in reality there isn't much difference in the price of these if you are looking at earlier cars. That said it depends what you are after spec wise, colour, mileage etc. If the right V6 came up, then take it, you can up both cars to around 450bhp if power is what you were after

As SCM said, I dont think an Ftype should be seen as an investment, but early cars are really affordable now and actually quite cheap motoring. Depreciation will be minimal if you buy towards the bottom end of the market so just drive & enjoy it!
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

V6S are better..

If you want squeeky exhausts and leaking diffs :(
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi Paul, maybe ignore Alpinaman's comment - think he's having a bad day ;)
Fez

Post by Fez »

If you looking for a long term investment, then 400 sport is a good option. Some say SVR but you can find that badge on all sorts of JRL cars....😋
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Fez wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:50 pm If you looking for a long term investment, then 400 sport is a good option.
Quote "almost guaranteed future classic" as well. FEZ!
https://drivetribe.com/p/8-guaranteed-f ... -C9gzUC7Yg

Back on topic..... both good cars, depends on what you want, what you use it for, your budget versus options you want etc.

And I've just had a new back box under warranty LOL
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

dbv6s wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:45 pm Hi Paul, maybe ignore Alpinaman's comment - think he's having a bad day ;)
Not at all,somewhat tongue in cheek comments dont come across well when written.

What i was meaning was that that a lot of the V6s cars suffer from the exhaust issue and the diff issue. The rest is pretty much the same fault wise.

It depends on what you want out of your ownership experience,the more spec you have the more likely things will go wrong. So buying a basic car could be a shrewd move out of warranty,cheaper to own and maintain...

Lets not forget that the cars are getting upto 7 years old and things ARE going to go wrong,they always do.... So you may be able to head stuff off at the pass by not have the active exhaust,active suspension,LSD blah blah blah....... Car will cost less initially too,but pretty much look identical.

I would love performance seats in my car,but when i bought it the pick of cars in my price range wasnt huge and i didnt want to finance or loan to buy..

Sometimes you have to make a compromise.
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

I was open to either when I bought mine, but the car that came up was a cancelled order 340 with a good spec. I had been advised by a motoring journalist friend, who has an "S", that the power was only better at the very top end, so I went for the 340. I have not been disappointed and now think the simpler diff, suspension etc, no bad thing. On paper, the "S" seems the one, but, once behind the wheel, the 340 is everything you need (well at least it is for me).
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

qprpaul wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:29 pm Hi,

I am a potential buyer and am looking at "Pretty" 2013-16, V6's, or V6S's. My question is or are.

1) Are 375hp V6S's a lot more desirable than the 335bhp?

2) Is there a significant price difference?

3) Are the V6S's significantly different to drive?

I am looking at an investment that I can use sometimes (Would probably do less than 2K miles a year) rather than a daily drive.

Would be delighted to hear any feedback, thanks

Paul

Here's some info for you......

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4504
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid