SpaceSaver 20" spare.

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

richie2525 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:10 am Thanks everyone but although 20" are the tyres/wheels not so wide used just a get me home??
The point is that you still need to take the original wheel and tyre home, unless you hide it and go back for it
Reality is after 15 years of 2 seater sports cars and dozens of sports car club runs with big groups the times when you are alone so have a spare passenger seat and the tyre is such a wreck that the inflation kit and gunk won't help is probably near zero.

First 5 years of a Z4 I carried a skinny spare. second 5 years it remained in the garage until I sold the car
Stats I saw is a flat once every 90k is the average these days. Of course that said I'll have a puncture tomorrow...
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

scm

Post by scm »

In my experience with Jaguars, I usually get a puncture within the first few days of ownership, usually a screw in the tyre. Not saying my experience is typical, but ... And I've had no such issues with the F-Type so far!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post