About to buy a V6 S or V8, (head or heart)?

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
badger

Post by badger »

i had a 19 plate V8R for six weeks as a loan car i felt the seats were more comfortable, the infotainment and navigation were also better, but felt the V6S rwd had more soul and character, i also think it sounds better. on a motorway run the V6 will return mid 30's comfortably and as expected the V8 was unable to match. both truly fantastic drivers car though.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)

scm

Post by scm »

Anyone who cares about fuel consumption shouldn't be looking at F-Types ... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Tel

Post by Tel »

Stop procrastinating and buy one.

Perfect year (best for build quality, and it's RWD, less to maintain/go wrong): viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4695

FWIW It will return mid 30s MPG
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

I saw this Chris Harris review on You tube and wanted to experience that controlled POWER slide. You obviously need some proper power. 😛 plus those Pirelli's are Shite
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
Sold. 5.0 AWD R - Glacier - Stage II
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Jatboy,
Just remember Chris Harris has 100% skill and 0% financial outlay in the car he's driving, I suspect you may be the same as me and have those 2 figures the opposite way round which means in the end, we'd all like to powersilde round the corners but the potential cost of losing it generally means we're resigned to a little shimmy, quick back off and then full squirt on the straight.
Still, in an F Type R that's still great fun (can't speak for the 3.0, never been in one).
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

I'm just waiting for the perfect road to try it out, hopefully before my bottle goes...lol
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
Sold. 5.0 AWD R - Glacier - Stage II
scm

Post by scm »

scharlton wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:29 pm Still, in an F Type R that's still great fun (can't speak for the 3.0, never been in one).
I've been lucky enough to have driven 'em all (including a V8R RWD at 165mph!) except the P340 and SVR, and they're all fun, though some are more fun than others! ;)
And of course they all look fantastic, regardless of power plant.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

The reality is that daily driving is no where near what Chris Harris, Rory Reid and Top Gear is able to expereince.
for the past few weeks, when I take out my car for a run around - I never get past 50km/hr (not 50mph !)
Traffic trucks, slow vehicles, gridlock.
And when on the freeway, once you're at the legal speed limit 120km/hr - that's it. I"m sure there's fun, but I still need to find it and it seems the only way is to book a few hours at the local raceway.
But I won't be doing burnouts anyway. I pay for these tires, damaged diff's whereas Chris doesn't - oh and I can't control a slide as he can !
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post