New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Horti

Post by Horti »

Just thought I'd say Hi,
Picked up the car about a week ago, not driven it much yet,but the miles I have covered have been enjoyable! I don't need a garage yet but can anyone recommend a good independent garage, the main dealers seem to get a bit of a bashing for poor service and high costs. I'm near Camberley in Surrey so someone relatively nearby would be good, I'll get some pic's up soon, Cheers.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hello neighbour! - and welcome :D

Tom Lenthall in Finchampstead gets good feedback and would be my choice if I didn't use a main dealer.

https://www.tomlenthall.co.uk/

Update your signature details and I'll know what car to look out for - also helps in answering any future questions you may have.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Horti

Post by Horti »

God, you really are my neighbour! Which main dealer are you using Lunar Guildford ? Are you still in warranty or just very pleased with the dealer? I'll get this signature thing sorted soon, Cheers.
Horti

Post by Horti »

BTW, I'm in Deepcut!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yes I use Inchcape (formerly H.A. Fox) in Guildford.

Bought my car Approved used from them, at what I think was a steal, with awesome service from the sales person at the time - she found it for me before it had even got onto the system and had it brought over from Wales. It came with the 2 year (at the time) approved used warranty and now just onto my 2nd year of Jaguar extended warranty. I feel I get looked after well and warranty issues dealt with and fought for on my behalf (including a £15k+ replacement engine when the original threw a main crank bearing on the M40). The last major service was done for free and I've got oil to provide for the next interim service too. After that I'll likely go to Tom Lenthall.

I have a circa 30 mile route I sometimes drive on a weekend - A30 past Blackbushe Airport to Hook - cross the M3 to Farnham - back up the Blackwater Valley. Or if you're interested, me and a couple of mates also get out in our '65, '66, '67 Mustangs too 8-)

Oh, and if you want some nice photos of your new steed I'm happy to take some for you - my sig. pic is taken at the iron bridge round the back of Farnborough Airport, but there are a few decent backdrops locally.

Simon
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

If you do go out for a run let me know, I’m only in Farnborough.

I’ll be slumming it in an SLK, so you probably won’t want to be seen with me!
Horti

Post by Horti »

Lunar wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:53 pm Yes I use Inchcape (formerly H.A. Fox) in Guildford.

Bought my car Approved used from them, at what I think was a steal, with awesome service from the sales person at the time - she found it for me before it had even got onto the system and had it brought over from Wales. It came with the 2 year (at the time) approved used warranty and now just onto my 2nd year of Jaguar extended warranty. I feel I get looked after well and warranty issues dealt with and fought for on my behalf (including a £15k+ replacement engine when the original threw a main crank bearing on the M40). The last major service was done for free and I've got oil to provide for the next interim service too. After that I'll likely go to Tom Lenthall.

I have a circa 30 mile route I sometimes drive on a weekend - A30 past Blackbushe Airport to Hook - cross the M3 to Farnham - back up the Blackwater Valley. Or if you're interested, me and a couple of mates also get out in our '65, '66, '67 Mustangs too 8-)

Oh, and if you want some nice photos of your new steed I'm happy to take some for you - my sig. pic is taken at the iron bridge round the back of Farnborough Airport, but there are a few decent backdrops locally.

Simon
Hi Simon, would definitely be up for stretching the legs of the F-type anytime, just let me know,
Cheers Neal.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Seems like we need to get us a little convoy going one weekend then Neal and Jono.
...once the long range forecast improves!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Neal and Jono - PM sent.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Neal, not sure if you can PM yet.
Proposal is Sat. 07:45 at Frimley Community Centre car park, opposite SC Johnson - Balmoral Drive.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post