Time to say hi

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Hi everybody,

My name is Jonathan, though I still prefer to be called by my username - my family call me by my real name, everybody else calls me Cluck.

Took delivery of a P450 F-Type in Portofino Blue back in March, just a few days before the lockdown, and have loved every minute of the precious little time I've had to drive it since! Was originally looking at getting the 380hp V6 back in November but Jaguar stopped taking orders just as we were about to put the deposit down, what a pity!

I'm down in the South West, so there are plenty of fantastic roads to drive on and I've seen a few F-Types around and about.

I'll get my sig sorted in a mo and will get a couple of pics uploaded.

Thanks for having me here.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club, Cluck (hope you're not a dumb one! :D). Looking forward to the pics, Portofino blue is a great colour (my favourite actually, but when my white one came up I couldn't resist. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Cheers!

I try not to be dumb, but the username is my nickname from school, it's stuck throughout my life (my friends' parents still call me it all these years later!).

Have had Red, Black and grey in the previous 4 cars owned (Peugeot 106 GTi, Nissan 200SX and a pair of diesel Mazda 3s) and fancied a change. As soon as I saw the blue colour in the flesh I knew it was the colour for me.

EDIT: There are a few pics in the 'everyday' thread.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Welcome Cluck, picked mine up the same time as you! I got one of the last V6 P380’s off the production line though.

I haven’t seen one of the new ones in the flesh yet so hopefully see yours at some point as I’m down in the SW quite often. The dark blue is a great colour though, enjoy!
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I was "slightly miffed" when production stopped of the old model as I feared that the car was going to get the blown straight-6, but all that was quickly forgotten when the details came through that it had to be the V8 instead!

There are a number of angles from where the old car still looks better, I'll be honest, but on the whole I honestly think Jaguar have done a nice job on the revised styling when you see it in the flesh. I don't ever look at the car and think "nah, don't like that", but then I know I would have felt the same if I'd got the old shape.

The only real disappointment was the 1st year's road fund license. That was a VERY bitter pill to swallow but all that is forgotten at the push of a button!
scm

Post by scm »

Only two downsides to owning an F-Type - aching grin muscles and sore neck from turning round looking back at it when you've parked up. :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

Belated welcome Cluck.
Somehow missed this at the weekend, but juts saw your post re the black leaper...
Portofino blue is fantastic colour, my favourite..... though I am biased !
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

its the colour to go for

2020-07-22 11.47.16.jpg

Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

It’s not just the first year’s tax that’s painful - you’ve got another 5 years of paying an extra £300 odd!

I’d read somewhere about a P450 owner who thought the exhaust had got a bit more roarty and poppy after 2k miles. Have you noticed anything similar? I didn’t like the one I drove because it lacked the noise, but it hadn’t done many miles.
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Only done just over 1000 miles in it so far. The lockdown didn't help and the whole reason I have the car is the reason I can't drive it a whole lot more than I want to. As a certain alcoholic beverage advert used to say, good things come to those who wait.

As for noise, well, it's more than loud enough for me and my hearing is about 25% below normal (with some frequencies even worse) and puts a massive smile on my face when I press the loud pedal. That said, I do tend to only drive it in 'dynamic mode' when I'm outside of villages or towns and I might just provoke the pops and crackles ;).

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone, really appreciated. And nice car Paul (and nice house you have there ;))

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post