Delivered today but there are issues - advice appreciated

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Timbo wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:55 pm Is the panel behind the seat leather?
The stone chips are def down to panel misalignment, i have very few chips there.
They will probably have to respray that whole panel to get it to look right.
Resprayed panels would always bug the hell out of me and you know there is some rust already appearing.
I would question how well it's been looked after seeing that panel...sorry😥😥
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

Deleted User 1254

Post by Deleted User 1254 »

JurassicF wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:13 pm
Timbo wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:55 pm Is the panel behind the seat leather?
The stone chips are def down to panel misalignment, i have very few chips there.
They will probably have to respray that whole panel to get it to look right.
Resprayed panels would always bug the hell out of me and you know there is some rust already appearing.
I would question how well it's been looked after seeing that panel...sorry😥😥
There's definitely no rust appearing - the panel is aluminium!

I have had 4 f types, and I've put a lot of miles on them. The paint 'bubbling' is caused by stone chips - you will find this to a greater or lesser extent on a car that has spent most of its life on B roads, as that area is susceptible to stone chips. My first F Type, a 400 Sport had exactly the same after 18 months and 25000 miles (and I had the car from new). They started appearing after the first month of ownership (my 50 mile commute was all B roads). I had the panels resprayed by Jaguar after 18 months - looked as good as new. My second and third F Types I had paint protection film put on area, and although they both took impact damage in the same area, the PPF protected the paint.

If they won't put the issues right to your satisfaction, reject the car. I assume it has the 30 day/1000 mile Jaguar certified satisfaction guarantee? I rejected a used 2019 F Type R after 3 weeks, due to paint issues, and the dealer honoured the guarantee (and sought another car for me)
Bigglesmagoo

Post by Bigglesmagoo »

Hi all,

Quick update - the dealer said they will take the car back and "take a look at it". When I asked for clarity/guarantees on that, I got this reply:
We will happily repair the alloy and we can sort the small blemishes on the upholstery, however I cannot guarantee what JLR will provide regarding the bodywork.

I am happy that the car meets the Jaguar Approved standard, however I can’t say any repair we perform will meet your expectations. On that basis I think it’s best we have the car back and return yours to you. The car is over 3 years old and has done over 25,000 miles, I am unable to make it as good as new.
So no guarantee that the panel will be fixed.

So the car is going back on the 10th.
scm

Post by scm »

Goodish news, now you can start looking for the one with your name on it! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

in my opinion it seems excessive to reject a car because of these issues - as you say, its second hand, no car is perfect
Wheel - easy fix, they should do that for you, then you are left with the paint bubble and leather mark

I'm not saying the marks should be there, I'm just saying that in my opinion 2 small marks would not lead me to reject a second hand car that's 3 years old
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

Each to their own and depends how OCD you are!

I spent a long time seeking out an immaculate car....and eventually found a 5 year old one with 6,000 miles and only 2 stone chips!......but for me it was a keeper that would only do a few thousand miles a year, so was worth waiting / looking for.

You pays your money and you takes your choice!.....decide what it means to you and be happy, nothing worse than looking at it every day and wishing!
Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300
Monkey70

Post by Monkey70 »

If it was me, I would give the dealership a chance to remedy the issues you are not happy with.

Once they have done that, if the issues still remain, I would reject it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post