Delivered today but there are issues - advice appreciated

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

Consumer law is on your side. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you 30 days to reject for a full refund. (I've done it twice with 2 brand new F-types).
Use it as leverage to get it right.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe

Bigglesmagoo

Post by Bigglesmagoo »

badger wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:52 pm personally these are cosmetic and it still looks a great car, the dealer will not want you to refuse the car so will do what ever it takes to rectify the issues which, aprt from the paint are minor even the leather trim is repairable with a smart repair. give the dealer the opportunity to put it right and then enjoy this fantastic car would be my advice.
It doesn't seem like they are willing to do much. Quote from the last email:
this wasn’t deemed to be an issue by the Sales Team, Workshop or Valet team for a car of it’s age
Theyve offered to take the car back and "have a look". They dont seem willing to say that they will actually do anything. They also said that they will speak to the "Warranty Manager", although not sure whether thats at Jaguar Land Rover or the dealer.

So looks like ill be rejecting it so far.
scm

Post by scm »

If they told you the wheels were "perfect" did they mean "perfect for a car of its age", i.e. not perfect at all? And if they think all the imperfections are acceptable "for a car of its age" you might be in for a long fight to get the car of your dreams. It might be better to return it and find another, there's plenty out there. Although the threat of returning it might at least focus their minds to actually sort it out to your satisfaction. Of course, at the end of the day it comes down to what you're willing to accept, we can't make that decision.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Know how you are feeling I am having same issues with stratstone Nottingham reserved on line and when I hpi checked found out it had mileage issues at first mot still ongoing stick to your guns cheers tony.
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles 😀😀😀
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

I’ve got to admit I’m gob smacked that people will part with large amounts of hard earned cash (or take out endless finance) for something they haven’t bothered to go and look at! Or get inspected by someone who actually knows what they are looking at.

One persons idea of immaculate, is often way different from another’s!

And let’s face it, who trusts a 2nd hand car salesman, even if they do work for a dealer??

Thankfully distance selling covers you, so formally reject the car, get the dealer to collect it and carry out the repairs and then decide if you are willing to accept it. Beware though, a botched paint job can look great at first, but can sometimes just be masking a problem.

It’s not a rare classic, there are plenty others out there, so get the car you will be 100% happy with....or it will niggle you forever. Mind you, you can ignore the alloys, chances are you will scuff / chip them soon anyway!!
Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

When I was looking for an f type the car was readvertised at stratstone Cardiff got all the spec I wanted reserved on line and had transferred to stratstone Nottingham as I live in Barnsley hpi checked the car Friday before picking up on Saturday showed up mileage discrepancy was told by the salesman was a miss print at mot and would be
rectified Three months further on registered complaint still ongoing work hard to have nice things in life and won’t let it drop till I get the right out come cheers tony.
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles 😀😀😀
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Ie above subject had loads of decent cars in the past always bought private and never had any issues first time bought from a main dealer and this is the hassle you get.
badger

Post by badger »

Bigglesmagoo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:39 pm
badger wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:52 pm personally these are cosmetic and it still looks a great car, the dealer will not want you to refuse the car so will do what ever it takes to rectify the issues which, aprt from the paint are minor even the leather trim is repairable with a smart repair. give the dealer the opportunity to put it right and then enjoy this fantastic car would be my advice.
It doesn't seem like they are willing to do much. Quote from the last email:
this wasn’t deemed to be an issue by the Sales Team, Workshop or Valet team for a car of it’s age
Theyve offered to take the car back and "have a look". They dont seem willing to say that they will actually do anything. They also said that they will speak to the "Warranty Manager", although not sure whether thats at Jaguar Land Rover or the dealer.

So looks like ill be rejecting it so far.
if they wont put right the issues you have with the car then as others have said reject the car and look for another, it may take months to find the 'right' car but with winter on the way there is no rush. good luck and stick to your guns.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Put in writing politely that you wish to reject the car as you are within your 30 day consumer rights for the following reasons......
Wait for them to quickly confirm they will put everything right👍👍
No need to grovel to them to correct any issues, you have all the rights in your side, then you can make the decision once you have seen the end result.

I have recently rejected 2 Porsche Macans, the second from an OPC even after it had been through the Porsche bodyshop to correct some paint issues. OPC wasn't happy as they said it had cost them over a grand, but it wasn't up to my OCD standards so money was back in my bank before I was home.

I actually bought the next Macan they had in so it was still a positive outcome for them.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Is the panel behind the seat leather?
The stone chips are def down to panel misalignment, i have very few chips there.
They will probably have to respray that whole panel to get it to look right.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies