Maybe soon

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

Just disposed of my old 350Z and looking at replacing it with something faster and classier so here I am. Hoping to find a soft top, 2015-2017 with no more than 25k on the clock and a max budget of 35k. Hopefully this is reasonable?

Is there anything I should look out for, especially any known issues to avoid? And although it shouldn’t be important, do all the versions of the entertainment system support music as well as phone calls via Bluetooth? I presume they all have USB ports?

Been putting this off for a while because the lack of luggage space looks like a concern. How much can you realistically fit in? Would love to be able to take on a road trip across Europe once this Covid Palaver finishes.

Cheers
P
2015 V6S AWD Convertible in British Racing Green

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome P.

We took our convertible over the Swiss Alps for a 10 day trip around Tuscany.
Hang all your clothes in a couple of suit bags on the hooks on the rear of the seats and you can then get everything else in soft bags in the boot - coats stuffed to the back, wash bags to the sides, boots in the well and still plenty of room for 3 soft bags and some other essentials such as wine and camera kit.
And of course nothing to get in the way of lowering the roof in 13 seconds at every possible opportunity.
There is no better way to travel 😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Are you looking at a V6 or V8?
I moved from 350Z to 370Z to F-Type V6S.
You will love the F-Type👍
Do some searches on the forum, lots of buyer guides and information.
Later cars can be quieter, certainly MY16 is a good choice for style and sound.
Mainly issues to look out for diff leaks or rumble and subframe and cross brace rust, not dissimilar to the W brace issues on the Z, but much more part of the structure in the F-Type.
Service history and condition, condition, condition!
Lots out there and you have a good budget at 35K.

Are/were you on the 350Z forum?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Good decision! Welcome to the forum and good luck in the search. Have a search through the forum, loads of info on what to look out for and specs etc. Don’t expect a superb audio experience from the infotainment though, although you will get one from the rest of the car!
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

Lunar wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:46 pm Welcome P.

We took our convertible over the Swiss Alps for a 10 day trip around Tuscany.
Hang all your clothes in a couple of suit bags on the hooks on the rear of the seats and you can then get everything else in soft bags in the boot - coats stuffed to the back, wash bags to the sides, boots in the well and still plenty of room for 3 soft bags and some other essentials such as wine and camera kit.
And of course nothing to get in the way of lowering the roof in 13 seconds at every possible opportunity.
There is no better way to travel 😎
Looks like there is hope on the luggage space front. Think I’ll keep away from the official luggage set though. Nice to see Jaguar have a sense of humour on pricing 😀
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

JurassicF wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:30 pm Are you looking at a V6 or V8?
I moved from 350Z to 370Z to F-Type V6S.
You will love the F-Type👍
Do some searches on the forum, lots of buyer guides and information.
Later cars can be quieter, certainly MY16 is a good choice for style and sound.
Mainly issues to look out for diff leaks or rumble and subframe and cross brace rust, not dissimilar to the W brace issues on the Z, but much more part of the structure in the F-Type.
Service history and condition, condition, condition!
Lots out there and you have a good budget at 35K.

Are/were you on the 350Z forum?
V6 will do me. Suspect I’m going to have a problem resisting the urge to use it for commuting and I found the £400 a month the 350Z drank a month in fuel painful enough 😱.
I’m not after a fantastic sound system experience, just want to play Amazon music though it without too much pain plus my partner wants to play her audio books.
I was on the 350Z forum although not particularly active.
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

GusA wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:35 pm Good decision! Welcome to the forum and good luck in the search. Have a search through the forum, loads of info on what to look out for and specs etc. Don’t expect a superb audio experience from the infotainment though, although you will get one from the rest of the car!
Thanks, working out what is standard vs an optional extra isn’t biggest problem. Most of the cars I see on autotrader are quite a distance from Swindon and I don’t want to waste a trip. Can’t wait to join the fold, although my partner is insisting I make space on the garage first 😟
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I think you will find the V6 F-Type far easier on the juice than the Z.
I have averaged 32 mpg over my 3.5 year ownership, whereas my 370Z was in the low 20s for similar driving.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Posidrive wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:28 pm
GusA wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:35 pm Good decision! Welcome to the forum and good luck in the search. Have a search through the forum, loads of info on what to look out for and specs etc. Don’t expect a superb audio experience from the infotainment though, although you will get one from the rest of the car!
Thanks, working out what is standard vs an optional extra isn’t biggest problem. Most of the cars I see on autotrader are quite a distance from Swindon and I don’t want to waste a trip. Can’t wait to join the fold, although my partner is insisting I make space on the garage first 😟

You could always extend the garage...... :lol:
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

Test driving a V6S I racing green but with the optional AWD tomorrow. Is there anything I should look out for? Noticed that the performance figures are a tad slower than AWD, I presume that to mere morals this won’t be noticeable.

The car is at Harwoods Jaguar in Crawley. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with them?