Maybe soon

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
scm

Post by scm »

Posidrive wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:52 pm Test driving a V6S I racing green but with the optional AWD tomorrow. Is there anything I should look out for? Noticed that the performance figures are a tad slower than AWD, I presume that to mere morals this won’t be noticeable.
I presume that's a typo for "tad slower than RWD". Yeah, there are additional transmission losses in the AWD, but, as you observe, you're unlikely to notice it in "normal" use (but it may stay more planted when you're pushing it). ;)

Enjoy the drive! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Captain Midlife

Post by Captain Midlife »

Posidrive wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:52 pm Test driving a V6S I racing green but with the optional AWD tomorrow. Is there anything I should look out for? Noticed that the performance figures are a tad slower than AWD, I presume that to mere morals this won’t be noticeable.

The car is at Harwoods Jaguar in Crawley. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with them?
If it's the right car then go for it. You have Main Stealer back-up and a Jaguar warranty. It certainly looks good.

However, I don't want to put you off completely but my experience of Harwoods is not pretty. One customer does not make a statistic so don't just walk away, but twice I tried in Crawley. The first was trying to escape from Audi and get an XF estate. My test drive ended on the forecourt when the car failed to "switch-on" electrically. Second time I went in and a happy chap was polishing a AUC with a broken door handle and a puncture. Just why would they not remove it from view? They seemed utterly disorganised, sales wise. To that end why have they photographed your car with the soft-top half way up/down? Poor attention to detail in too many ways for me. As I said, disorganised.
Between toys :cry:
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Car 32929. Perfect service history, all 6 stamps all at Crawley dealership including pdi so probably single owner car. The dealer should be able to add some history to it as it was a car ordered by them originally. Enjoy the drive.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

Looks like I have just joined the fold after the test drive. Convertible V6S AWD in British racing green. 65 plate with 12000 miles on the clock. Being delivered next week, feels like Christmas again 😀
2015 V6S AWD Convertible in British Racing Green
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome aboard! ;)
Did you notice how slow the AWD is? :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

scm wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:29 pm Welcome aboard! ;)
Did you notice how slow the AWD is? :lol:
Not a chance I’d find it slow. My old 350Z that it has replaced was well and truly worn out 😀.
2015 V6S AWD Convertible in British Racing Green
Captain Midlife

Post by Captain Midlife »

Posidrive wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:06 pm Looks like I have just joined the fold after the test drive. Convertible V6S AWD in British racing green. 65 plate with 12000 miles on the clock. Being delivered next week, feels like Christmas again 😀
Welcome aboard. It does look like a stunner in both looks and history.
Glad I didn't put you off!
Between toys :cry:
Sander

Post by Sander »

Congratulations!
Current cars:
- Jaguar XE 2.0d AUT (2018) - company car, daily driver
- Jaguar F-Type V6 S Convertible AWD (2016)
- Honda S2000 (2001) (RHD)
badger

Post by badger »

Posidrive wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:06 pm Looks like I have just joined the fold after the test drive. Convertible V6S AWD in British racing green. 65 plate with 12000 miles on the clock. Being delivered next week, feels like Christmas again 😀
The British racing green is a lovely colour, I had a damo coupe r for 6 weeks at the start of lockdown when mine was stuck in the dealers in that colour and it looked fantastic in the sun.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Welcome to the world of F-Type owners. Be warned, your smile muscles are about to get a workout. :lol:
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D