New owner from the Netherlands

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Sander

Post by Sander »

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and before I start engaging in any discussions I thought it would be nice to introduce myself here.

I live in the Netherlands, work as IT consultant and I'm a bit of a car nut. As such, I'm always looking for a fun car within my budget. It started out with small, sporty Peugeot 205's and 106's followed by a classic Mini and a first gen Mazda Miata (US import).

The past 8 years I've thoroughly enjoyed a Honda S2000 (2001), which I take on roadtrips throughout Europe, especially Germany (Eiffel mountains) and Italy (Italian Alps). I've taken it to the UK on many occasions as well, to Somerset, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and other areas.

But as always, after a while I want to move on to something a bit more powerful, with a bigger engine and maybe a bit less 'hardcore', especially as the S2000 will stick around as well for at least a while. I did consider an XKR but after driving it, it was maybe a bit too much of a GT for me and the interior is a bit old-school. The Jaguar F-Type has been one of my 'dream cars' ever since it came out and I've always said that if one day the F-Types will be within my budget, I will go for it and it seems that time has come: the earlier models (2013-2015 roughly) are within reach, so it is time to dive in and learn about the car and what to look for when buying one.

I haven't decided yet on exactly which one to buy, but it will be at least a V6 S. So far I have only driven a V6 S Convertible and I liked it a lot, but I'm also looking at V8 S or R and I haven't decided on convertible or coupe either, hopefully I'll be able to do some testdrives in spring after lockdown (...). I did almost buy an Italian Racing Red V6 S Convertible a couple of months ago in Germany, but someone else beat me to it by just hours, which is a shame because it was low mileage and a great spec (carbon blade wheels, black pack, upgraded seats etc.).

That's about it. I'm not in a hurry to buy one, it may take months or maybe more than a year still (I've been looking around for 6 months already), when there are any developements, I'll update this topic.

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Update Januari 22, 2021:
Good news! I have bought a 2016 Jaguar F-Type V6 S Convertible AWD!! More updates coming soon.

Update Februari 28, 2021:
It's here! See:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4963&start=30#p51402
Last edited by Sander on Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current cars:
- Jaguar XE 2.0d AUT (2018) - company car, daily driver
- Jaguar F-Type V6 S Convertible AWD (2016)
- Honda S2000 (2001) (RHD)

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Good luck with your search, I'm sure you will not be disappointed when the right car comes along.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
scm

Post by scm »

Welocome to the forum, and to a potential owner! Yoiu won't find many on here who will discourage you in your quest - they're great cars. :D
When I first test drove one when I was looking seriously, it was sold while I was making up my mind on whether I wanted it! I had decided it was too high mileage for me, though, so I knew the right one was still waiting for me - and I was right! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Sander

Post by Sander »

Thanks and I'm not expecting any push back on this forum on buying an F-Type :lol:

I do have specific wishes, although they are not set in stone. I'm not a big fan of white cars in general and the same goes for the F-Type. Black is not my favorite either, unless it's metallic in combination with black pack, black wheels and red calipers (and maybe red seats), that I can live with :D In the end the condition of the car is the most important aspect.
Current cars:
scm

Post by scm »

I find red seats to be a bit too much, but I think mine are nicely understated ....

ov17vwy-04.jpg

Sander

Post by Sander »

That definately looks really good!
Current cars:
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Welcome to the forum.

Having been through a similar process myself, as well as the obvious dilemmas (coupé/convertible & engine size), I'd recommend spending a bit of time familiarising yourself with the various options available, eg. cruise control, heated seats, exhaust button etc. and deciding which are essential for you. Hopefully being armed with this knowledge will help narrow down your search.

Have fun looking!
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Sander

Post by Sander »

Thanks! I've already found an original brochure from 2015, which details all the options and specs which is really helpful.

It's not gonna be a daily driver (I currently drive a Jaguar XE 2.0d company car), so I'm not that picky on comfort options. It's mostly the big things like color, seats and wheels. I would like to have the configurable dynamic mode, which is an option I believe, and the active exhaust button. I only found out recently it is not standard on a V6 S, at least not on the earlier ones. Most of them do have the option specced though.
Current cars:
scm

Post by scm »

Sander wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:19 pmI would like to have the configurable dynamic mode, which is an option I believe, and the active exhaust button. I only found out recently it is not standard on a V6 S, at least not on the earlier ones. Most of them do have the option specced though.
While I'm probably not typical, I don't find the active exhaust button much use - if I want it loud I use dynamic, and if I want it quiet I leave dynamic off. I don't have a need (or want!) for loud if not in dynamic, and the switch only works to close the valves in dynamic, not make things even louder. Above about 3,500 revs the valves will always be open anyway, the switch can't be used to change that. This info is for an MY18, other MYs may (and do, apparently) have different characteristics.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Sander wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:19 pm Thanks! I've already found an original brochure from 2015, which details all the options and specs which is really helpful.

I would like to have the configurable dynamic mode, which is an option I believe, and the active exhaust button. I only found out recently it is not standard on a V6 S, at least not on the earlier ones. Most of them do have the option specced though.

Welcome to the forum.

As you have an original brochure from 2015 you should be able to see that Configurable Dynamic Mode with 'Dynamic-i' display and the Switchable Active Sports Exhaust is standard on the F-Type V6S.

I have the F-Type specification and price guide (April 2015) which shows exactly this. I also have another Jaguar original document from 2013/2014 which shows that the Switchable Active Exhaust is standard on the V6S.

Good luck with your search......the right car will come along as mine did.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post