New owner from the Netherlands

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi Sander,

Welcome to the forum. I am also a Dutch F-Type driver. My son (then 18) and I did a trip from Salzburg to Irun in may/june 2019, trying to go through as many mountain passes as possible. Just that year many were closed, the first time in 140 yrs since the Swiss are keeping track of the opening of their roads.

I tried to keep up the thread but we had very bad internet so I took some time to catch up :
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3525

These are two topspeed tests on the Autobahn. We wanted to do a third this year, but my son was to bizzy :
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4293&p=41706#p41706

There is an active group of NL / BE / LU drivers which organise tours normally every spring and autumn, none this year at all.
I organised the last one : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3647

I started out looking at an XK V8 from 2006. But I didn't fit since I am 2m tall and 105Kg. The chair of that car probably suffered
all its life under a simular driver as there was so much free play in the adjustment of the seat, it almost got sea sick in curves...
And there were electronical issues as well, so my wife told me to get a new one. But the V6 / V8 were then already too expensive
for my budget. So I bought a P300, partly with a loan at 2%.

I tried the V6 as a cabrio. I really do like the sound, but the choice between a new P300 or a used V6 was easily made.
The V8 I could use for a day from my dealer. Very impressive but too big a risk to loose my license ; in a whisk you
are driving 180+ and you hardly notice it. Great if I was living in Germany, but not here !

Also quite some owners who were angry about the downgrading of the model by introducing the 4 cylinder and were really
degrading about the engine changed their minds disgruntedly after driving a P300 on curvy roads. The nose is 65-80Kg lighter,
and that is a huge difference on the agility of the car.

If you want I can pm you my phone number so we can discuss things easier if you want.

I also wrote a review in autoweek : https://www.autoweek.nl/reviews/artikel ... 00pk-2018/

But I stopped adding on to it. That website has some idiots as moderators who remove posts without checking the previous posts.
So I removed reviews of my F-Pace (sold), Discovery 3 (over 10 years ongoing) and my Discovery 5 that I just started, in protest.
I was about to remove the F-Type review last, when I noticed they got the message and unblocked me.

There is a pirvate seller now offering a V6 cabrio, dead cheap since several months. You might be able to get it for 33k I guess .
Its imported before, build 2014 and registered here in 2018, but its white . You said you don't like that :

https://www.autowereld.nl/jaguar/f-type ... tails.html

If you buy one from a foreign dealer with the "approved" label, that is valid in the Netherlands too !

But the German cars can not have the tracking activated in the Netherlands I have been told by a dealer.

But there are aftermarket tracking systems available too.

PS. Please add your general location. Like " Zeeland" , so we all have a clue.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

Sander

Post by Sander »

Thanks, useful information! I'll read through your Autoweek review. I like that blue color!

I have nothing against the P300, it's just that I already have a roadster with a great 4-cylinder engine (the Honda S2000) which is much lighter than any F-Type anyway. I want something with a bigger engine this time, call it an automotive bucketlist thing :)

Nice to see there's a Benelux group, once I have mine I might just join in, doing roadtrips is my favorite activity with my cars.

The white F-Type looks like a good deal, but indeed, I am not looking for a white one, thanks for pointing it out though.
Current cars:
- Jaguar XE 2.0d AUT (2018) - company car, daily driver
- Jaguar F-Type V6 S Convertible AWD (2016)
- Honda S2000 (2001) (RHD)
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi Sander,

Looks like you are near Corné, he lives in Breda ! I understand you completely. I had a Discovery 3 for ten years as a family car.
Sold it last december due to 'soot-tax' , roadtax went up to € 3500 pa. Sold it to another D3-lover in Luxembourg, he pays € 250 pa.

So I thought I could scale down a bit and bought an F-Pace 25t R-Sport. But I missed the space and traded it in on a 2018 Discovery 5 SD4.

So yes, I can understand if you want something, you only want that. Nothing to do with reason.

It could be a cheap option to wrap the white car in any color you want.. .. metallic poison green. .. 8-)

As I didn't like the plastic airplane cockpit, so I changed some to 'wood-alike'... :mrgreen

IMG_20191107_142823819.jpg

IMG_20191107_142832516.jpg

IMG_20191107_142917937.jpg

Sander

Post by Sander »

That looks quite nice! Although I don't mind the default look myself (maybe I'm not a typical Jaguar driver in that sense ;) ).

Wrapping is an option, but I do prefer the car in the right color straight away, so it's more of a last resort for me if I really can't find the car in the right color. And I'm not at that point yet.
Current cars:
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Sander wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:54 am That looks quite nice! Although I don't mind the default look myself (maybe I'm not a typical Jaguar driver in that sense ;) ).
Thanks ! The wood is a "thing" for the older generations I think.
scm

Post by scm »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:29 am
Sander wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:54 am That looks quite nice! Although I don't mind the default look myself (maybe I'm not a typical Jaguar driver in that sense ;) ).
Er, not for everyone in the older generation! But maybe I'm not a typical Jaguar driver, either. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

scm wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:59 am Er, not for everyone in the older generation! But maybe I'm not a typical Jaguar driver, either. ;)
I guess you're young at heart... :P
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scm wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:59 am
Dan_Veluwe wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:29 am
Er, not for everyone in the older generation! But maybe I'm not a typical Jaguar driver, either. ;)

+1 for that.......give me the carbon fibre or aluminium centre console finishers any day! ;)
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Sander

Post by Sander »

Let's not turn this into a "What is a typical Jaguar driver" discussion :lol:

Thankfully everyone is different, else everyone would be driving the exact same spec car which would be really boring...
Current cars:
scm

Post by scm »

Sander wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:10 pm Let's not turn this into a "What is a typical Jaguar driver" discussion :lol:

Thankfully everyone is different, else everyone would be driving the exact same spec car which would be really boring...
And be on an Audi forum! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post