F Type First Edition - which colour!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Jabbar1971

Post by Jabbar1971 »

Hi all

I’m in process of ordering a new F Type Coupe in First Edition trim. I’m placing order in next day or so but struggling with colour! My heart says grey! But I also like black!

Any recommendations on how others have found day to day driving and living with either colour?!

I’ve just recently sold by RR Velar so looking forward to a sports car!
2021MY P300 1st Edition Coupe, Eiger Grey, with Climate, Privacy, Black Pack, Heated/cooled seats and Tracker.

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The F-Type is a car that is well worth looking forward to!

Plenty of information on colour etc here.....

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4937
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Go with whatever colour makes your knees wobble a little bit when you look at the car! If you want to 'blend in', then the more neutral colours are a good choice, whereas go for the bolder stuff if you really want to be seen.

Colour, as with so many other things in life, is deeply personal so go with what your heart and gut tell you.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The first edition only comes in black, grey and white with the satin grey exterior design pack (similar to me questioning whether to go black, silver or white on the 400 edition).

I chose black on the 400 as it contrasted the wheels and exterior design pack. Here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2034&p=18802#p18972

Personally I prefer the grey on the first edition but sure the black would look good but it does show all the muck quite bad!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Ah, I missed that it was the First Edition! (that will teach me to try and read before my 2nd coffee!). The Carpathian Grey is a slightly fancier paint than standard, so it's definitely worth looking at it in person, just in case you haven't done so already.

EDIT: Ah, Carpathian is what was on the Chequered Flag cars on the outgoing models, before the MY21 was launched. I really should learn to read!
Last edited by Cluck on Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
scm

Post by scm »

Jabbar1971 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:27 am I’m in process of ordering a new F Type Coupe in First Edition trim. I’m placing order in next day or so but struggling with colour! My heart says grey! But I also like black!
Go with your heart! ;)

Though as others have said, black is a pain to keep looking clean - I've found white is actually easier than you'd think.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Jabbar1971 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:27 am I’m in process of ordering a new F Type Coupe in First Edition trim. I’m placing order in next day or so but struggling with colour! My heart says grey! But I also like black!

Any recommendations on how others have found day to day driving and living with either colour?!

With regards to colour, I’d say that following your heart will be an excellent choice out of the three paint finishes which are Santorini Black, Fuji White and Eiger Grey.

Eiger Grey is a classy colour which is also very good for not showing road grime etc (see photo example).

I’ve previously owned a black car which looked great when clean, but it was a nightmare to keep it that way!

Eiger Grey.jpg

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

Jabbar1971 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:27 am Hi all

I’m in process of ordering a new F Type Coupe in First Edition trim. I’m placing order in next day or so but struggling with colour! My heart says grey! But I also like black!

I’ve just recently sold by RR Velar so looking forward to a sports car!
Hi and welcome.
I have a black F Type and it looks fantastic when is clean, keeping it clean is one other matter.
On the other hand, my other car is a Stromboli grey Stelvio that I haven't cleaned for two months and it looks fine.

Whatever choice you make I am sure you love it.

Good luck.

20201007_134028.jpeg

MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

Eiger Grey, but i may be biased, :D
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4812#p47764
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
Jabbar1971

Post by Jabbar1971 »

Hi all and thanks so much.

I’ve ordered and gone for the metallic grey with privacy glass, tracker, black pack, climate pack and heated/cooled seats.

Collect car in New year. Thanks so much everyone. First time Jaguar owner and can’t wait!

Will post pics when it arrives.
2021MY P300 1st Edition Coupe, Eiger Grey, with Climate, Privacy, Black Pack, Heated/cooled seats and Tracker.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post