F-Pace owner (here in peace!)

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
KHatman

Post by KHatman »

Hi,

Hopefully anyone familiar with how fellow football fans join other clubs forums get the title!!??

As the title suggests owner of a rare manual diesel F-Pace which will hopefully be fully paid off middle/end of next year (old fashioned outright purchase). Got invited by Jaguar to Fen End in November though to try out the new range of F-Types and fell in love with the car ( how could you not blasting the V8 585HP round the test track at over 160mph?).

Current plan is to keep the F-Pace as the daily works/runaround and look at a second hand F-Type as the mid life crisis weekend toy thing, hence why I’ve been lurking on here for a while and now decided to join up. Already garnered plenty of information on what to look out for and hopefully over the next 6/9 months I’ll decide which version to buy. I’d normally go for something lower powered and frugal but I don’t think that will be the case with the F-Type as running costs won’t be a big factor.

Anyway hello to you all. This seems to be a lot more active forum than the F-Pace one. Is that because you are all older retired/ family off your hands gents with plenty of spare time on your hands? :lol: :lol:
Last edited by KHatman on Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
2019 F-Pace 2.0D Manual, Corris Grey and very little else
2016 F-Type V6 Base, Corris Grey and very little else

scm

Post by scm »

KHatman wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:00 am Anyway hello to you all. This seems to be a lot more active forum than the F-Type one. Is that because you are all older retired/ family off your hands gents with plenty of spare time on your hands? :lol: :lol:
I presume that's a typo for F-Pace? I think the activity is because the F-Type is a great car and we all love driving them. Can't speak for others but I was forced to take late retirement a couple of years ago and and traded my lovely XKR for the F-Type - and haven't regretted a moment!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
KHatman

Post by KHatman »

Yep, typo. Thought I’d corrected them all, doh. Too easy to get them confused. Gonna be fun when I tell the wife which car we are going out in :roll:
2019 F-Pace 2.0D Manual, Corris Grey and very little else
2016 F-Type V6 Base, Corris Grey and very little else
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Welcome to the club! If you're not so worried about running costs then go for the V8, you know it makes sense!

(I might be a little biased)
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi and welcome,
I would say even if you're not worried about running costs, buying any F Type, including the V8 is much cheaper than running any Aston Martin, McLaren, Ferrari etc......
OK, there are concerns over diff reliability and coolant pipes and injectors requiring supercharger removal but I bet there are bigger concerns on the other marques forums.
It seems you are approaching it correctly and half the fun is looking at all the F Types you could buy. And once you've bought, the fun continues.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Nick

Post by Nick »

Welcome, your here to enjoy midlife, so v8 it..
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post