About to be new owner!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Toryboy

Post by Toryboy »

Howdy All,
About to treat myself to a 2018 P380 R Dynamic, just waiting for a business deal to complete. Never really thought I would be in a position to do this so looking forward to ownership, fun and being part of the F-Type family :D
Only pre purchase question I have is - how much of a difference is there between the P340 and P380 (other than 40 horses!)
Cheers
MY22 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Firenze Red, Black Edition. A beautiful beast!

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome and nice choice in the range.

The 340 engine is basically a software restricted version of the 380 - you could say the same about the 380 to the 400.
The difference is at the top of the rev range so you need to wring it out a bit to get the benefit of the extra 40 horses - not that that’s any hardship to do with the way the V6 sings 🙂
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

You probably won’t notice the extra 40 hp unless you wring it’s neck, but the 380 gets a LSD, active suspension and bigger brakes as standard. Additionally, P380’s tend to be specified with more options as a (very) general rule.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

It is all about the suspension.
Toryboy

Post by Toryboy »

Thanks All, appreciate the feedback. Feeling like a child waiting on a new toy just now. Moving from an Alfa Giulia Veloce so been having fun and getting used to the paddles for a few months!
Roll on January 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

Toryboy wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:59 am Thanks All, appreciate the feedback. Feeling like a child waiting on a new toy just now. Moving from an Alfa Giulia Veloce so been having fun and getting used to the paddles for a few months!
Roll on January 8-)
In Sport mode you can use the shifter instead of the paddles, should you feel so inclined - forward to shift down, back to shift up. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Toryboy

Post by Toryboy »

Update, I have purchased my dream car and pick up next week. P340 19 plate, Carpathian Grey, pan roof, fibre and black pack stuff. Life will never be the same, feel sorry for my wife already :D 8-)
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Congrats! Don't forget to post some pictures when you get the car :)
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Enjoy when it arrives
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
PaulFinchley

Post by PaulFinchley »

Hi. Interested to read your introductory post.....when do you get it? I’m in similar situation as ordered a (new) P300 convertible in November having been told ready in March. Now found it’s being delivered ion Monday! Let us see photos of yours when arrives and interested how pleased you are with the P380 engine. Paul

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post