I have an P300 F-Type convertible on order

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

PaulFinchley wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 pm Thanks for responses…mine is also Eiger grey as in the recent posted photo..(ordered extras include parking assist / 12-way heated electric memory seats/ Tracker / Blind Spot Assist / keyless entry/ Light Oyster leather and suedecloth seats /Two-zone Climate Control)....So any comments on whether these were a waste of time or not, or good to have on the car?? I didn’t order active exhaust…will I regret not having that? Any views from you guys gratefully accepted

Previous cars…Boxter 718 / Two Z4s after a Z3 and 2 x triumph spitfires many years ago. So my thoughts are this F-Type should easily be the best ++
A number of owners have disabled their keyless entry (I didn’t specify it due to this) to reduce the chance of relay theft, or use faraday bags to store their keys in. I ordered blind spot assist and I don’t find it very useful when the roof’s down (most of the time, as long as it’s not raining!) and great when the roof is up as there’s quite a large blind spot on the convertible! I imagine the coupe also has a large-ish blind spot. I also ordered heated and cooled seats having had it on a previous car, however the cooled function on the FT isn’t as effective as I’d hoped, although it’s still improves things on hot days. I also didn’t bother with two zone climate, partly because it’s a convertible but mainly because my OCD hates it when the 2 temps are different! Also, never been convinced that different temperatures inside a car can be effective - heated/cooled seats covers that anyway. Active exhaust is something secondhand buyers do look for but I don’t think you’ll really miss it as newer cars are quieter anyway due to PPF and newer fuel mapping, hopefully leading to fewer problems with O2 sensors/cats etc!

They’re great cars and the Eiger grey was on my shortlist too, enjoy!

scm

Post by scm »

PaulFinchley wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 pm Thanks for responses…mine is also Eiger grey as in the recent posted photo..(ordered extras include parking assist / 12-way heated electric memory seats/ Tracker / Blind Spot Assist / keyless entry/ Light Oyster leather and suedecloth seats /Two-zone Climate Control)....So any comments on whether these were a waste of time or not, or good to have on the car?? I didn’t order active exhaust…will I regret not having that? Any views from you guys gratefully accepted
I'd gladly swap blind spot assist for the active exhaust - that's the one part of the car that makes it unique! As to whether you'll regret its absence - only you can answer that as it's a personal taste thing. Are you a hooligan? :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

Your list off addons are similar to my starting point, but then i sat down and went through my actual requirement, and ended up going for the First Edition (in stock) model, as it fulfilled my needs. Climate, Tracker, 12 way Heated/Cooled seats. :D

On the P300 the active exhaust doesn't make a lot of difference to noise levels, slight increase but not a lot, so it doesn't annoy the neighbors on early morning startups.

The Park assist, i had it on my previous two XE's, and i only ever used it twice, over the 4 years of ownership, just to see if it works, (it used to leave me about 300 500 mm away from the kerb), so i had to finish it off manually, plus you have to manually use the forward and reverse gears anyway.

I do miss not having blind spot monitoring/Assist though, that was good.

And the Keyless entry was good, but i decided i didn't require it with the F Type.
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
PaulFinchley

Post by PaulFinchley »

Thanks for the feedback.... that's helpful....Never had park assist on any car before and it sounded fun. As it happens one dealership said it the park assist was so slow that owners never used it! Was also discouraged from keyless entry because of security fears but I ignored that and added both. Will write a posting in due course!
Last question for now is about the tracker. The porsche 'Vodafone Protect' tracker is great..the unit is secured somewhere in the vehicle and a coin sized card is carried with the driver separately. If the car is moved without the driver card being present then you are phoned by Vodophone straight away. system works well, so my question is ...doe the Jaguar system work the same way? thanks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post