I have an P300 F-Type convertible on order

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
PaulFinchley

Post by PaulFinchley »

Hey this is Paul and my first posting here... I live in Finchley and have just sold my Porsche 718 boxter & ordered an Eiger grey 2 litre convertible (plus extras++) for delivery in March 2021...am interested in contacting anyone in North London to discuss F types ! I have one question...I was told delivery March 2021.. Is anyone in a similar situation and do we know are there significant delays because of covid? Thanks for reading...

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Welcome to the F Type club, bet March can’t come soon enough! Hopefully no delays for you.
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I ordered my F-Type back in December last year and didn't get it until March - luckily it was just a few days before the lockdown kicked in, but I had put the delay down to it being the brand new model at the time. I guess Covid hasn't helped things, but I'll be honest, every car I've ordered with a specific specification has meant a wait of some sort. I had to wait 3 months for my Peugeot 106 GTi back in 1997!

EDIT: Oh and welcome!
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Sander

Post by Sander »

Welcome and congratulations!
Current cars:
- Jaguar XE 2.0d AUT (2018) - company car, daily driver
- Jaguar F-Type V6 S Convertible AWD (2016)
- Honda S2000 (2001) (RHD)
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Hi Paul and welcome from another convertible owner.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Jabbar1971

Post by Jabbar1971 »

Hi

Welcome and bet you can’t wait for March 2021!

My new car arrives on 30 December - so not been able to drive it properly yet!

I live in Finchley during the week but with Covid-19 decided to move out but intend to be back April 2021 onwards!

Jabbar
2021MY P300 1st Edition Coupe, Eiger Grey, with Climate, Privacy, Black Pack, Heated/cooled seats and Tracker.
Jabbar1971

Post by Jabbar1971 »

Hi

Welcome and bet you can’t wait for March 2021!

My new car arrived on 30 December - so not been able to drive it properly yet!

I live in Finchley during the week but with Covid-19 decided to move out but intend to be back April 2021 onwards!

Jabbar
2021MY P300 1st Edition Coupe, Eiger Grey, with Climate, Privacy, Black Pack, Heated/cooled seats and Tracker.
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

Welcome, it will be worth the wait, you will love it, it performs as well as the V6 (in my opinion) but doesn't wake the neighbors on early morning start-ups. I picked mine up at the start of October, :D its very first outing was the next morning to the Jaguar Breakfast Club :shock: (the VERY wet one), and the drive was impeccable, :D but since then the restrictions have tightened, so i'm chomping at the bit to get out more. :roll:
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Hi Paul and welcome
That will be an agonising wait. I know when I've ordered something and set my heart on it the days are so slow to delivery
Great to see another drop top owner
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
PaulFinchley

Post by PaulFinchley »

Thanks to you and the others who have replied. I am not familiar with this forum but I find reading through the different posts very interesting. If I wanted to meet a fellow F Type owner in my location Northwest London how can I do that (allowing for social distancing et cetera at these difficult times)?? Are there regular meets because as a Boxster Porsche owner they have monthly meetings where owners could meet up with their cars!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post