I have an P300 F-Type convertible on order

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
scm

Post by scm »

PaulFinchley wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:19 pmAre there regular meets because as a Boxster Porsche owner they have monthly meetings where owners could meet up with their cars!
The first issue is that the F-Type is quite a rare car, so isn't present on the road in such numbers. But I'm sure any local owners will read your post and reach out if there are any happenings in your vicinity. I know the south-west guys occasionally meet up so they do happen, albeit not on a frequent regular basis.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

Hi Paul
Welcome to the club , I’m based in pinner there are 3 of us from west London and one guy from Highgate, we meet at swakleys on the m40 and convoy up to Gaydon jaguar breakfast meet, we also attend some of the other events throughout the year if that would be something you would be interested in.
Regards Alasdair
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
PaulFinchley

Post by PaulFinchley »

Hey thanks for replying. This would be absolutely something I would be interested in. I only work part time now, and I didn’t know anything about the breakfast club meetings so I’d like to do that, (irrespective of whether my new jag arrives in March or later) I guess everything is closedown now due to covid but when things reopen please let me know and I’d like to join in.
PaulFinchley

Post by PaulFinchley »

Latest news from Jaguar...its arrived two months ahead of schedule and am collecting it on Monday. !!! I'm guessing these are expensive cars and what with covid and the financial consequences other buyers must have cancelled????I can't believe this could be explained by the factory increasing its output over the last few months. Will post my first impressions next week!!!!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Paul,

As Alasdair has mentioned, there’s an increasing number of F-Type owners attending the monthly Jaguar Breakfast Club meets. Here’s the website for news & information. Whatever is happening, it normally occurs of the first Saturday of the month...

https://www.jaguarbreakfastclub.org.uk/

September saw over 600 Jaguars, of all persuasions, attend. An amazing day 👍

We usually prolong the fun convoying to Caffeine & Machine...

https://caffeineandmachine.com/

Something to look forward to 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

PaulFinchley wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:04 pm Latest news from Jaguar...its arrived two months ahead of schedule and am collecting it on Monday. !!! I'm guessing these are expensive cars and what with covid and the financial consequences other buyers must have cancelled????I can't believe this could be explained by the factory increasing its output over the last few months. Will post my first impressions next week!!!!
Great news, so this weekend will feel like forever, :D I love mine, its awesome. :lol:

JBC Oct20.jpg

My P300 1st edition on day 1 of ownership at the Jaguar Breakfast club October 2020,(The very wet stormy one)
Picture courtesy of Peter Simpson, The boss. :)
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
Jabbar1971

Post by Jabbar1971 »

You won’t be able to get the weekend out of the way fast enough! My car arrived on 30 December and I love it! Although weather in Yorkshire at moment means I can’t quite get it out of the drive!!

Be great to see pics next week!

72E4F07C-8256-4318-81F8-6FC1326BAACD.jpeg

2021MY P300 1st Edition Coupe, Eiger Grey, with Climate, Privacy, Black Pack, Heated/cooled seats and Tracker.
PaulFinchley

Post by PaulFinchley »

Thanks for responses…mine is also Eiger grey as in the recent posted photo..(ordered extras include parking assist / 12-way heated electric memory seats/ Tracker / Blind Spot Assist / keyless entry/ Light Oyster leather and suedecloth seats /Two-zone Climate Control)....So any comments on whether these were a waste of time or not, or good to have on the car?? I didn’t order active exhaust…will I regret not having that? Any views from you guys gratefully accepted

Previous cars…Boxter 718 / Two Z4s after a Z3 and 2 x triumph spitfires many years ago. So my thoughts are this F-Type should easily be the best ++
Jabbar1971

Post by Jabbar1971 »

Thanks Paul. Great car and you’ve gone for the right spec.

I didn’t go for keyless entry (worried about security) or blind spot monitoring. I’d have loved the pan roof but the car the dealer had available and the deal I was offered I decided to lose that one wish on my list!
2021MY P300 1st Edition Coupe, Eiger Grey, with Climate, Privacy, Black Pack, Heated/cooled seats and Tracker.
PaulFinchley

Post by PaulFinchley »

V helpful reply thanks. Interested to hear u have cooled seats ..my boxter had them and they were v unimpressive so didn’t stretch to extra cost on the P300. Just wondered if u tested yours and whether it works?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post