new owner in Worcestershire

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:44 am If you're shivering outside, "approximately 0°C" would include anything in the range +5°C to -5°C! :lol:
You really don't have to try so hard to prove you're right all the time, you know. It rather detracts from your otherwise excellent informative posts. ;)

It sure is cold at the moment but there’s a notable difference between 5°C and less than approx 0°C. The stop/start system recognises this (as my car does), hence the reason for my posts.

The OP mentioned that stop/start wasn’t functioning as it should be and had only worked once since he had the car. That’s why I recommended trickle charging the battery overnight or alternatively by taking the car on a few long journeys. It’s also why I provided the Jaguar detailed info on stop/start which shows the conditions that will prevent an automatic engine stop (including if the external temperature is less than approximately 0°C and if the climate control system demand requires the engine to be running e.g. in defrost mode).

Thanks for your final comment......your posts are also excellent ;)
Last edited by RPSN on Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Both cars look great.

Regarding the auto stop/start, in my experience the battery has to be well charged before this works. I don't use a trickle charger and, although not a daily driver, my car is used frequently. The stop start usually only begins to work after a long run. Having said that, when it does start to work, I usually turn it off anyway, working on the principle that I'd rather burn a few more thimblefuls (or maybe cupfuls :lol: ) of petrol than add wear and tear to the starter motor, battery etc.

My car is also only fitted with single zone climate control. Like you, I only realised this after I'd bought it. I've read various theories on different forums as to whether this can be upgraded to dual zone or not. One states that the dual zone system has dual motors etc and would be far too awkward and expensive to retrofit but I also read on the American forum that the system can be activated by editing the CCF file using SDD. However, I don't know what this actually means so if someone else on here is able to do it, or point me towards someone who can, I'd be very interested.

Anyway, enjoy your F-type ownership and the admiring glances you will receive.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

ajac wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:53 pm I read the threads here on trickles and like the idea of a permanent connector in the boot. Perhaps I'll give CTek another chance.

If you do, here’s a link which shows how to install the CTEK MXS 5.0 battery charger & maintainer on a 2016 Jaguar F-Type.

https://howtune.com/articles/548-instal ... uar-f-type

1.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies