Potential new owner with questions... hi!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Jabbar1971

Post by Jabbar1971 »

Hi. As a new owner myself (my car arrived on 30 December) I agree with the comments.

I managed to get everything on my options list apart from two things:

Keyless entry: security concerns and advice from people in the trade so didn’t pursue

Pan roof: would have liked it, but stock new car the dealer had and the deal meant I went without!

However as everyone else has said, heated/cooled seats, tracker (most insurance companies now demand it), dual zone climate , privacy glass are essentials for retaining value.

I managed to get a good deal - so essentially first year depreciation covered!
2021MY P300 1st Edition Coupe, Eiger Grey, with Climate, Privacy, Black Pack, Heated/cooled seats and Tracker.

Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

Some great replies and helpful information. Does anyone know the width of the car with the mirrors folded in? I have a fridge and tumble dryer at the back of the garage but the f type would fit with about 7 inches spare. It’s the width that has me concerned. Don’t want to buy one and find it won’t fit in the garage!
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

@mickjager - do you know the cost of the map and pully mod? I assume the engine end drive train is more than capable of dealing with the increase?
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

VAP tune and pulley in link below.

Darren (above) had this done a while back

http://www.davidapplebyengineering.com/ ... egoryId=25
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

Going off the dimensions on the site below I have 10 inches leeway in the length and 5inches in the width.

https://www.auto123.com/en/new-cars/tec ... 6/coupe/s/
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

If you have a narrow garage door then make sure you get one with the folding door mirrors as they were an option. Mine has them and does just fit through the door without folding them but it's very tight.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

XZ4 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:54 pm If you have a narrow garage door then make sure you get one with the folding door mirrors as they were an option. Mine has them and does just fit through the door without folding them but it's very tight.
That’s the idea. Also adding an electric door will widen the space by around 3 inches also. Thank you though. Hadn’t appreciated this was an extra.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

A standard door width is tight, as only a couple of inches either side means you have to be positioned perfectly centered and dead straight beforehand. I didn't find the mirrors a problem, more that the car widens out at the haunches etc I have a tape line stuck to the garage floor, so I dip the drivers mirror and reverse aiming the rear wheel along the tape to keep perfectly straight. After 3 months I replaced the old door with frameless (non electric) as it was becoming a bit of a challenge during the dark evenings of winter.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
scm

Post by scm »

My MY18 manual says the width with mirrors out is 2042mm, the body width (within which the mirrors should fold, there should plenty of rear view images around to confirm/deny) is 1923mm.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

scm wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:55 am You may find the width more of an issue than the length.
seem to remember pointing out the same issue to the missus, she said not a problem but what about the car?
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post