New F-Type Convertible Owner initial thoughts

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
PaulFinchley

Post by PaulFinchley »

So finally took delivery of F type convertible...basic 2 litre P300 model but with lots extras and it’s absolutely best car I’ve ever had...much better in every respect than the porsche boxter which I also bought new 3 years ago.
The FT is fantastically well made and drives brilliantly, if you don’t have dynamic mode on it jus cruises quits quietly, but if you put your foot down it responds as you d expect. Jus an observation as only criticism is the small boot but I knew about that all along. Also there is a ‘voice control’ button on the steering wheel that doesn’t do much..I thought I’d say ‘take me home’ and it would integrate with the sat nav but it doesn’t.. I think it might be used with apple car play but haven’t got round to testing this. Does anyone out there use this voice control button for anything?

The 2021 technology on the car is absolutely great...I like the fact you can control stuff from your phone...today I heated the car up after starting the engine while still in bed!
The sat nav , media, and use of internet resources from the touch screen of the FT are intuitive with great functionality....there lots of instructions on the online manuals but most isn’t needed. Final comment is that I got GAP insurance from my insurer not Jaguar and it was much cheaper. Thanks for reading.

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Always a good day picking up a new car! Congrats!

I use the voice control but only when using CarPlay, works better than I thought it would but doesn’t like third party navigation systems, although it will open them.
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Funny isn't it how expectations re. technology are mostly based on what you're used to. I love what the car comes with and barring the one exception of no voice control without the phone being connected via Android Auto or Apple Carplay - like the OP, I was pressing that button and wondering why nothing was happening!

Enjoy the car when you can. Mine has been sat untouched for a month now, partially due to lockdown but also the weather - it's not been the right weather for washing a car after driving (I need to clean it and dry it before putting the cover back on).
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Deleted User 2987

Post by Deleted User 2987 »

Welcome and congratulations.
Interesting to hear that you're finding it much better that your Boxster. I considered a Boxster or Cayman, and did enjoy the way they drove when I got hold of a Cayman T for a few hours to try out, but I've always loved the way the F-Type looks much more, and the as I wanted a new car for daily use the Jag was a much nicer place to be sat in.
The boot's surprisingly big if you have a the right shaped squashy bags, and is much better now that the early F-Type convertibles.
I'd also definitely say it's worth shopping around for GAP insurance, the amount dealers charge for it is shockingly high.
I've not even tried the voice control yet (I've had my car since late October), so I'll have to have a look see what it actually does.
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

Congrats on getting your car, I found out the same about the voice control, I expected it to be like my last XE, but it is not so. But, I can live with that as the F Type is in a different league when driving it, :D :D :D Enjoy.
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
RomanticTuna

Post by RomanticTuna »

Is there a picture of the new car? Love to see it.

Although if you're anything like me it took me 3 days to figure out how to put a picture on....
Sander

Post by Sander »

Congratulations! Have fun with the car!
Current cars:
- Jaguar XE 2.0d AUT (2018) - company car, daily driver
- Jaguar F-Type V6 S Convertible AWD (2016)
- Honda S2000 (2001) (RHD)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post