R Dynamic 380

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Popeye

Post by Popeye »

Hi everyone
Another newbie due to pick up my R Dynamic 380 later today, ticking off the minutes!
Trading in my XF Portfolio S for a car I have wanted since it came out.
Bucket list thing that needs to be ticked off in these crazy times.
Have only seen pictures and videos of it, can’t believe I am actually doing it to be honest but life isn’t a dress rehearsal :D
Just hope it lives up to expectations.
R Dynamic 380 MY18 Santorini Black Coupe

ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Welcome and congratulations

Be prepared for aching smile muscles later and if you are anything like me, get used to taking the long route everywhere just to get more play time
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I very nearly bought the same last year, but the dealers weren't taking orders on new builds for the old shape by that stage.

Just seeing the car on the driveway is enough for me most days, it never fails to make me stop and stare. Enjoy your car when you can!
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Good choice, I got my order in during the last week that they were accepting them, in October 2019. Look forward to seeing pictures!
Popeye

Post by Popeye »

So I picked up my R Dynamic 380 on 30.01.21 from a Jaguar dealership and drove away chuffed to bits as it looks and sounds lovely. The weather was poor so drove very carefully with it being a new car and all and I was slightly wary of the power of the car. Over the next couple of days when it wasn't raining or snowing I started to look around it and noticed the interior carpet was poorly fitted and that the rear parcel shelf would not stay on its hinges. A few searches on the internet revealed these were common issues so rang up the dealer and booked the car in. I also mentioned a rattle from the engine which you only hear when is has just started up and which vanishes when the engine has warmed up.
I dropped the car back last Wednesday and rang up today, a week later, as hadn't heard anything. So the parcel shelf is fixed, a few grommets I expect. They are replacing all of the interior carpet trim as apparently it is a common issue with the F Type interior trim, it shrinks!! This is on order.
Also they have replaced the exhaust system, the whole thing! I never even mentioned the exhaust. Also they announced they are waiting for parts to come in as they are also replacing the Timing Chains and the Supercharger as that was the cause of the rattle. All of this is being done on the warranty by the way.
So half of me thinks wow, the car is going to be pretty much a new car and the other half is just slightly surprised that this would all need doing on what is a comparatively newish car, Its a 17 plate with 30000 miles and full dealership history.
Will keep you posted.
Sander

Post by Sander »

That's a lot of work on a young car! Hopefully everything will be sorted when they're done.
Current cars:
- Jaguar XE 2.0d AUT (2018) - company car, daily driver
- Jaguar F-Type V6 S Convertible AWD (2016)
- Honda S2000 (2001) (RHD)
Popeye

Post by Popeye »

Hi if you read this. Opinions/thoughts wanted please.
As previously mentioned in this thread I purchased my F Type on 30th Jan from a Jaguar dealership in the South but returned it on 17th Feb for them to fix some problems with the car which I have previously mentioned.
As of today, 25th March, the car is still with them as they are saying they are waiting for parts.
Now I have wanted one of these cars since they first came out but have waited until I could afford one that I wanted. I have previously had an X Type, S Type and traded in a XF Portfolio S (which they sold within two weeks) so am no stranger to Jags but the experience of owning my F Type is rapidly diminishing. What grates is that in my mind these problems should have been sorted before the car was put on sale and picked up on their 165 point check that they claim to do.
They have agreed to some sort of compensation but not said what that compensation that will be. What sort of compensation do you think I should get or expect or should I just ask for my money back?
What would you do?
Your thoughts are appreciated.
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

Popeye wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:33 am Hi if you read this. Opinions/thoughts wanted please.
As previously mentioned in this thread I purchased my F Type on 30th Jan from a Jaguar dealership in the South but returned it on 17th Feb for them to fix some problems with the car which I have previously mentioned.
As of today, 25th March, the car is still with them as they are saying they are waiting for parts.
Now I have wanted one of these cars since they first came out but have waited until I could afford one that I wanted. I have previously had an X Type, S Type and traded in a XF Portfolio S (which they sold within two weeks) so am no stranger to Jags but the experience of owning my F Type is rapidly diminishing. What grates is that in my mind these problems should have been sorted before the car was put on sale and picked up on their 165 point check that they claim to do.
They have agreed to some sort of compensation but not said what that compensation that will be. What sort of compensation do you think I should get or expect or should I just ask for my money back?
What would you do?
Your thoughts are appreciated.
Hi Popeye.

You must be very disappointed at the state of affairs! this is looking increasingly obvious as you mention that the165 point check was only mentioned and not carried out properly.

I would ask for one extra year extended warranty and the next two services included in the deal, don't be afraid to ask worst it goes they can say no or they might haggle down to one service.

Good luck
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels
scm

Post by scm »

Diabolik wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:32 am I would ask for one extra year extended warranty and the next two services included in the deal ....
Would you trust them to do the next two services, given how competently they did the 165 check? :?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post