R Dynamic 380

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

Maybe not!!! but after what the way they treated him they might be inclined to be more careful.
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

There are several points to consider here and only you can make a final decision.

- You have the car you always wanted.
- They didn't do a great pre-sale check - but now seem to be going above and beyond to correct that, with new carpet and exhaust.
- Hopefully the car will then be in excellent condition for you to enjoy ownership again.
- Any form of cash compensation is difficult for them to sort, but there are other options too.
- I would push for a fair amount to cover your time and petrol - did they provide you with a courtesy car?
- Bear in mind a lot of them now are diesel XE/XF or LR models, so it's difficult for them to provide like-for-like.
- I would also ask for your next large service to be carried out free of charge - this should be worth a few hundred pounds to you.
- There is also a nice quilted Jaguar jacket that you might want to mention would look good on you ;)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Popeye

Post by Popeye »

Thanks for the replies so far. Yes they did give me a courtesy car, brand new E Pace.
Will definitely be asking for extended warranty and next service and maybe a quilted jacket ;)
R Dynamic 380 MY18 Santorini Black Coupe
ninetails

Post by ninetails »

Popeye wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:33 am Hi if you read this. Opinions/thoughts wanted please.
As previously mentioned in this thread I purchased my F Type on 30th Jan from a Jaguar dealership in the South but returned it on 17th Feb for them to fix some problems with the car which I have previously mentioned.
As of today, 25th March, the car is still with them as they are saying they are waiting for parts.
Now I have wanted one of these cars since they first came out but have waited until I could afford one that I wanted. I have previously had an X Type, S Type and traded in a XF Portfolio S (which they sold within two weeks) so am no stranger to Jags but the experience of owning my F Type is rapidly diminishing. What grates is that in my mind these problems should have been sorted before the car was put on sale and picked up on their 165 point check that they claim to do.
They have agreed to some sort of compensation but not said what that compensation that will be. What sort of compensation do you think I should get or expect or should I just ask for my money back?
What would you do?
Your thoughts are appreciated.
I have noticed that this situation of picking up an "approved used Jaguar", and finding faults that should have been identified in the 165 point check, happens quite often. It happened to me when i bought mine (needed new antenna for sat nav). It was not working from day 1. All was fixed under warranty but obviously the car had to go back (no car for 3 days). The cynic in me thinks there is no incentive for the dealer to find any faults before you take delivery because the dealer concerned would have to pay for the repair/s, but when the customer returns the car with with a reported fault/s the warranty company pays. My 3 day wait was annoying and inconvenient, but the amount of time you have waited must be very frustrating. I am sure everything will turn out alright in the end, and you will love the car, but it is all so unnecessary. Good luck in the future.
340 coupe auto 2016MY, ammonite/corris grey, red performance heated seats, pano roof, 20" turbine wheels, switchable active exhaust, front & rear parking sensors, rear camera.
scm

Post by scm »

ninetails wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:20 pm I have noticed that this situation of picking up an "approved used Jaguar", and finding faults that should have been identified in the 165 point check, happens quite often ....
Yeah, when I picked up mine (at one year old) the driver's door button wouldn't unlock the car, the salesman always used the fob to unlock. I was used to door button pressing on my XKR so that was natural to me. They had to replace a module while I waited. Maybe they only checked 164 items ... :roll:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Popeye

Post by Popeye »

An update on my F Type ownership so far. I receive a call yesterday saying the car is now ready and can be collected today. I picked it up about midday today, two months after returning it. I was met by the sales manager who advised the MOT is due in September and the next service is due in November. They have agreed to pay for both and have also extended the warranty by another year. They have renewed the interior carpet trim and replaced the timing chain and also as I asked for two of the alloys to be repaired replaced all four alloys with new with new tyres all round as well and also agreed to a 1 hour F Type driving experience so am well chuffed.
However I have noticed today that at low revs, 800 - 1200 revs, that there is a sound like a rattle or something sounding loose coming from the exhaust. Do you think this could be a valve issue where it has been sat still for two months or could it be something else?
Even though this has been a saga I still love the car and with everything that has been done just want it finally resolved.
Your thoughts as ever are gratefully received.
Popeye

Post by Popeye »

Finally all sorted. After purchasing on Jan 30th now have the car as I want. Rattle from exhaust was a loose parking cable vibrating against the exhaust apparently so that has been replaced and she now sounds superb. Can now finally start enjoying my car and doing a few mods myself. Have ordered some sports pedals from Adamesh and will get the foot rest plate from Rimmerbros though I do find it strange that these sort of fixings on a car of this stature aren't standard.
Also going to get the brake callipers refurbed as the decals have faded away and the back ones look a little tired as well. Currently they are black as is the car so probably going to keep them black. Was toying with yellow which I think looks nice on a black car but as they are not ceramics will probably stay black. Was looking at getting them done at Monsterwraps in Southampton. Anybody had any work done there?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post