XE R Sport to F Type

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
KingGazza

Post by KingGazza »

Collected my new XE R Sport end of May 2017 from Sturgess Jaguar, Leicester ,- a good experience
Enjoyed the car for four years and on 24th May 2021 collected my F Type P300 Edition One from Sturgess Jaguar, Leicester- not such a good experience this time
In Elgar Grey, Regd Sept 2020 and with only 2800 miles on the clock being an ex demonstrator.
Unable to test drive and so not until driving home found the brakes grabbing.
On inspection at home found the front disc brakes extremely rusty - made complaint to Sturgess and so it's going back on 16th March for them to inspect my complaint.
Worryingly my XE developed the same problem at three years age when it failed its MOT - Sturgess refuse to cover the cost of replacement discs stating it was fear wear and tear
It's hardly fear wear and tear at just six months old and with only 2800 on the clock
Hope for a better result to the claim this time
Why do Jaguar disc brakes rust
All my previous cars never experienced this problem

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I’d be very surprised if they replace discs for free, despite the relatively low mileage you have no idea how those miles were driven but you may get some goodwill as a returning customer. Brake discs and pads are wear & tear items on all cars and all will rust if left out and wet. (Possibly excepting carbon ceramics)

Anyway, I hope it gets sorted and it doesn’t diminish your enjoyment of the car.
ninetails

Post by ninetails »

Hi KingGazza

This problem should have been spotted and fixed before the car was handed over to you, at the Jaguar Approved inspection, "a rigorous 165-point vehicle check" (their words on Jaguar website). They also state "when you can't tell it's used it's Jaguar approved". If I was in your position I would insist that the dealer fix it at their cost, or state that I want my money back. You are entitled to a "30 day/under 1000 miles money back guarantee", also stated on Jaguar website.
Hopefully Sturgess Jaguar, Leicester will apologise for handing over a car with a defect and fix at their cost.
340 coupe auto 2016MY, ammonite/corris grey, red performance heated seats, pano roof, 20" turbine wheels, switchable active exhaust, front & rear parking sensors, rear camera.
Tel

Post by Tel »

To buy a car without test driving it first, is asking for trouble...even when it's from a dealer.

Surely the rust could have been spotted when you did the video inspection?

Post pics of the parts...we may be able to help; its difficult to gauge extreme rust compared to surface rust without seeing it.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

:D I bought mine with out a test drive due to the pandemic, did a video review the car looked mint and had a full service history a 12 month warranty and came from listers. When the car was delivered it was as described. I've never owned a f type before so I don't no how they are supposed to drive, to me it drives fine actually its awesome. That said it is a gamble spending all that money on something you haven't sat in. It's the first time I've bought a car this way and I was worried, I needn't of been. So far so good.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
KingGazza

Post by KingGazza »

In answer to Tel
I was told by Sturgess Salesman - no test drive available!
Being an extremely busy individual also I had to find a spare day for collection. This was a bit rushed by the Salesman (who I have had to make a complaint about anyway) and of course I did not expect the disc brakes to be so bad and nor did I notice an issue until driving home when the brakes grabbed.
As I said, the car is being returned to Sturgess on 16th March for inspection when I hope they will positively respond
Sorry but I cannot see how to put a photograph into this post
ianp

Post by ianp »

Shame you had a bad experience. I went from an XE R Sport to F-Type P300, best decision ever made.
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.
Tel

Post by Tel »

KingGazza wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:03 am In answer to Tel
I was told by Sturgess Salesman - no test drive available!
Being an extremely busy individual also I had to find a spare day for collection. This was a bit rushed by the Salesman (who I have had to make a complaint about anyway) and of course I did not expect the disc brakes to be so bad and nor did I notice an issue until driving home when the brakes grabbed.
As I said, the car is being returned to Sturgess on 16th March for inspection when I hope they will positively respond
Sorry but I cannot see how to put a photograph into this post
Well, you're a braver man than me...I couldn't spend my hard earned without casting my eye first, even if it meant the torment of waiting until after the restrictions were lifted.
I had to wait nearly 22 months...had the pictures of car in 2013, car 1 specced, built and arrived, sent back, then waited for car 2 to be built!

I wonder why the salesman was rushing???

Anyway, good luck with it.

Posting pictures arrives when you've made £20 donation to the Gofundme Tel page!
Try full editor mode, or wait 'till you've posted a few more times. Add them using he attachments tab below this typing window.

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 21.24.05.png

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
KingGazza

Post by KingGazza »

Neil the Operations Manager at Sturgess responded very positively to my complaint and arranged for my vehicle to be repainted at the front to deal with the stone chios, replaced 2 x new front disc brakes and 2 x new tread plates, so faith restored in Sturgess Jaguar although not the Salesman who dealt with me.
Neil also arranged a loan vehicle for me over the three days my vehicle was in - a brand new P450 F Type coupe.
Huge appreciation the way that Neil and Sturgess responded

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post