New front end swap to older model possible?

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
F-Type-Fan

Post by F-Type-Fan »

Hi there new to this forum about the most beautiful and affordable car ever. I have wanted one of these for years!

Does anyone know if it is easy to put new front panels and lights on an older model? I see a lot of light crash damaged cars and wondered if this would be a good idea to get the new look without the expense.

Thanks for any advice.

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Bumper and lights are probably not too bad and similar to most modern cars, if it's just that, as long as it's not impacted the bonnet or wings, and the Bonnet pedestrian impact protection system hasn't been activated.

When I looked for mine there were definitely scuff repairs to many front bumpers
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I would think there'll be some who will want to swap front ends with you, if it's possible.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Jaguandy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:40 pm I would think there'll be some who will want to swap front ends with you, if it's possible.
Given how most far prefer the original front I think you could be totally correct 😉
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
F-Type-Fan

Post by F-Type-Fan »

Thanks!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies