New Ftype owner / new to forums of any kind / new here

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

kookaburra1457 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:05 pm
DaddyDarren wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:00 pm Congratulations on your new acquisition.

Also a great advert for buying Jaguar Used Approved & kudos to the dealer. The new exhaust is approaching a £2k hit 👍

Enjoy 😊
Presumably (and hopefully) the exhaust system is stainless steel otherwise I don't fancy replacing it when it corrodes through at £2k a pop? JPS

The exhaust valves seize which can require a new back box. Happened to mine at 8k miles.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Hi and welcome. Enjoy the new motor when it arrives.

340ps review on YouTube

MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Majordog

Post by Majordog »

thanks for the vid XZ4! I’ve also since found one a German reviewer does, he doesn’t talk at all just rigs the car up with go pros and drives the autobahn as fast as he can.
Majordog

Post by Majordog »

So according to the reviewer in that video, only the V6 came with a manual option and on all manual v6 cars the active exhaust was standard (it was optional only on the autos?)
Is that accurate?! No V8 manuals?
scm

Post by scm »

All V8s are ZF AT, definitely. Don't know the answer to the active exhaust, but wouldn't be surprised if it was standard on the MTs.

V8s also lack launch control, presumably because you just floor it and the car does the rest!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post