New Owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Have had a XE R-Sport 25T for the last 4 years. When I took it for a recent service I chatted to the new car dealer and discovered that in Australia if I wanted to order a new XE the. I would probably have a 6 month wait due to COVID. Got me thinking and I did some research on a new car. Looked at the new XE but agreed with my wife I would likely get bored having the same car regardless of all the new technology so started looking at other manufacturers and models. Have had a three series BMW before and was happy with it but not a huge fan of the new ones. Audi doesn’t impress me and Mercedes, well my old man drives one and I tell him it’s a German taxi. Also at that mid life crisis stage and figured if I am ever going to get a two seater sports car it was now. Looked at a second hand V6 a few years old but low kms, a couple of year old low kms coupe 4 cylinder coupe, but then settled on a 4 cylinder couple of year old convertible f-type that has just sat in a show room and never driven. So next week pick up my Polaris white F-Type P300 R-Dynamic. Not a decision that makes a lot of sense but what then hell life is to be enjoyed.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

scm

Post by scm »

Hammers wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:21 amNot a decision that makes a lot of sense but what then hell life is to be enjoyed.
Nonsense - it makes perfect sense! :lol:

Welcome to the club!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

scm wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:32 am
Hammers wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:21 amNot a decision that makes a lot of sense but what then hell life is to be enjoyed.

Welcome to the club!
At least the minister of finance (my wife) thought it was a good idea and I should treat myself 😂
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

Best decision I've made in years. 😅
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
scm

Post by scm »

Mine is my 5th sequential best decision after divorce, XK8, 4.2 XKR, and 5.0 XKR. :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Absolutely makes perfect sense! 😂

Enjoy the car, life’s too short.
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

GusA wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:00 pmEnjoy the car, life’s too short.
Or, as a good friend of my mother's likes to say

"sod it, what the hell"

(I thought I'd avoid the Risky Business quote ;) )
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Hammers wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:56 am
scm wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:32 am

Welcome to the club!
At least the minister of finance (my wife) thought it was a good idea and I should treat myself 😂
I spent more than 12 months deciding whether to have one or not. She got thoroughly fed up with stopping off at the Jag dealer every time and said, "just buy one whilst you're not too old to get in and out of it".
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Hammers wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:21 am Not a decision that makes a lot of sense but what then hell life is to be enjoyed.
Sounds like an eminently sensible decision to me, :lol:. Buy it when you can still enjoy it. Welcome.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post