The time to buy is getting close

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
stampinground

Post by stampinground »

Hi everyone,

Been hanging around the forums for a while, learning about the cars / preferences / options / maintenance etc. and thought it only right to say hello.

I've had a list of cars I want to own for some time and the F-Type now tops that list, specifically a used F-Type S coupe, or Type R.
I am yet to drive either to see which I like more, but lock-down in Scotland is limiting my ability to do so.

Hopefully over the next few months, I'll find the perfect car for around £30-35k.
I've got a fairly good idea of what the must haves are from reading through a number of threads on the subject, and personal preference.
My aim is to daily the car, I have a modified 350z I use for drifting and a GSX650F for a bit of fun / commuting.

I like the vibrant colours with the black pack (salsa red / ultra blue). I don't believe the older coupes come in ultra blue, but if I get one for the right price there's no harm getting it wrapped (right?)

Anyway, nice to meet you all. Feel free to give me a shout if there's anything you want to share with me, particularly if you were in the same position before and have some advice!

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Good morning and welcome!
Sounds like you have things well in hand there.
The F is eminently usable as a daily - I use my convertible for commuting - or at least I used to when I didn't work from home! Wonderful to have a bit of fresh air and bird song to bookend the working day.
For winter use you might want to consider a set of easy to clean wheels and some Sottozero - excellent tyres for temps below 7 degrees, and of course you get more snow up there :D Worth looking out for a good value set during the summer months.
Then of course you might be looking for a heated screen - maybe seats and wheel as a bonus - and ppf on the nosecone and sills is likely to be a wise investment over time too.
Best of luck with your search and looking forward to some photos.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

We look forward to welcoming you to the club! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
stampinground

Post by stampinground »

Hey guys I appreciate the welcome. Cheers for the advice too, Lunar, I hadn't thought that far ahead but it's solid advice that I'm likely to take you up on.
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Welcome from another Scottish member. Not much choice if used F Types up here. I had to go south for mine 2 and a half years ago..
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
stampinground

Post by stampinground »

XZ4 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:45 am Welcome from another Scottish member. Not much choice if used F Types up here. I had to go south for mine 2 and a half years ago..
Yeah it seems that way, I've done that a few times already though and sort of enjoy it, going as far as Amersham for one. If I were to buy from a JLR dealer, I imagine having it delivered and looked after by another JLR dealer would be okay. Distance selling applies to cars too if paying unseen, so I'd have 14 days to check it over fully.

How long have you had yours for, and how far did you go?
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

stampinground wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:15 pm
XZ4 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:45 am Welcome from another Scottish member. Not much choice if used F Types up here. I had to go south for mine 2 and a half years ago..
Yeah it seems that way, I've done that a few times already though and sort of enjoy it, going as far as Amersham for one. If I were to buy from a JLR dealer, I imagine having it delivered and looked after by another JLR dealer would be okay. Distance selling applies to cars too if paying unseen, so I'd have 14 days to check it over fully.

How long have you had yours for, and how far did you go?
I've had mine 2 1/2 years now. Bought it in Bournemouth so nearly as far south as you can go in the UK. It's only used at weekends. Still puts a smile on my face every drive.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

If it's going to be a daily driver, I'd agree with Lunar re heated screen & seats. I went from N. Ireland to near Nottingham to get mine in 2019. Definitely worth travelling to get the right car.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
stampinground

Post by stampinground »

Good shout guys, I hadn't really considered the heated screen and seat as must haves but I really do want them. Often quick to forget how winter affects cars in the more subtle ways.
scm

Post by scm »

Heated and cooled seats are, er, cool (or hot). ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post