AWD R Scottish Borders

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
oilydan

Post by oilydan »

Quick 'hello'!

Just picked up my new-to-me 2016 AWD R in the expensive white with black leather, pan roof, Surround, Heated Everything (because Scotland), and rev cam.

I had a 2015 RWD R in Dubai for a while (and an XFR before that) and liked it so much I had to have one here as my daily. There is not that much difference in fuel costs, is there? :?

Any other Borders F Types avoiding potholes?
2016 AWD R

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome (back) to the expensive white club - best colour! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jarramag

Post by Jarramag »

Welcome oilydan. Me and the mrs like a few days away in the Cairngorms so drive through your neck of the woods to get there. In an mx5 😁. I’ve not had the jag very long and Nicola won’t let the likes of me into Scotland at the minute but I’m looking forward to a good drive soon! Mind you I’ll have to be more careful than usual on the A68 - those bloody money collecting speed cameras are all over the place...
V6 S Coupe British Design Edition
Ultra Blue
Pan Sunroof
AWD
MY2017
Andydub

Post by Andydub »

Welcome and hello from another newbie. We need to see pics.
MY21 5.0 P450 Supercharged V8 AWD R-Dynamic Convertible – Eiger Grey – Gloss black body pack – Mars red interior
stampinground

Post by stampinground »

Welcome mate! I'm not too far from you in East Lothian, and I'm still looking for the right car just now. Used to stay in the borders though, some fantastic roads on your doorstep.
There used to be a guy who worked in Galashiels who had the R, but swapped it for the S as he said it was scary and a bit much car for him. Don't know if he's still got it..
oilydan

Post by oilydan »

Thanks All.

I'm down near Peebles; just moved here from Devon 2 weeks ago, and judging by the motorcycle noise on the weekend, there are some great roads here! I have noticed that everyone here seems to be in a hurry (especially those Focus ST/RS drivers), the roads are potholed like the moon, and there are not enough petrol stations.

I'm commuting to Livingston every day so lots of cross-country twisties, with some good straights to stretch a bit on. There will be no photos though, the combination of frosts/salt and rain means that expensive white is currently looking very mouldy.
2016 AWD R