Introduction - waiting on my new car next week

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

So my present car is a Jaguar XE R-Sport MY17

XE1.jpg

XE2.jpg

I have had the car since new, so just on 4 years now and it has been a brilliant car. In fact I wasn't really ready to get rid of. But on my last service I thought I would chat with the new car dealers and they showed me the new XE which looked great. When I talked to them about what time it takes to order as I'm in Australia, they said with COVID issues it depends when the order gets picked up and put in the queue but could be 6-8 months. So it got me thinking maybe it was time to order so I could get the exact spec I wanted.

I came home and looked on the Jaguar website building the spec I wanted and when I showed my wife, she said other than being black it was the same car I already had, won't I get bored. I admitted I would but what I would really like is an F-Type but it just isn't practical. She said go for it, I said no it just isn't the right thing to buy at the moment. But then I started looking at F-Types online. We have Luxury Sales Tax in Australia, and very high Stamp Duty in Victoria, which adds massive amounts to the cars so I set myself a budget and decided I would get a slightly used car which would take a lot off the cost. Found a V6 coupe I really liked, and you have to consider there are very few Jaguar F-Types in Australia and even fewer for sale at the right price. This met a number of my criteria but was an MY18 (a bit older than I was looking for and also meant finance would be higher due to the build being 2017) but it was also in Sydney, 1000's of kms away and no warranty other than the used car dealer warranty and had a slight dent in the back that the dealer said they would take out. I think they are very reputable as it was traded to them and they are a Ferrari, Maserati dealer so look after some beautiful cars. Anyway my nervousness about buying interstate got the better of me (though I did enquire on another vehicle even further away in Perth) but then I found a registered but unused car that had sat in a dealer showroom. 5 year warranty, 5 year free service, but had been sitting for a couple of years (it is MY19.5) as it was used to drag people in and then get them to buy the more practical cars. So paid a deposit and now sorting out handover for next week. It is a 4 cylinder rather than the 6 I originally wanted but given 90% of my driving is in the city I am fine with that. It is also a convertible which my wife wanted when she saw pictures so kept her happy as well as me. Anyway just keep coming on here now looking at everyone's beautiful cars while waiting to pick mine up - the only problem with that is I think now I want one in every colour and every specification as they all look brilliant. These are the dealer photos, I will put some in the right forum when I can take my own.

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Looks great! Welcome to FType ownership, grinning and complete strangers coming up to talk to you!
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

good choice, you will enjoy it a lot.
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club! Regardless of engine, they all look fantastic!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

Looks good, I have the convertible and love it.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Well done. You'll love it. Welcome to the club.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Fez

Post by Fez »

Welcome, car looks great enjoy...
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
LeonardBaxter

Post by LeonardBaxter »

That's quite an exciting car journey you've got going on there. I was just wondering how things went with your new car. It sounds like you've done your homework and found a great deal on that MY19.5 F-Type. Plus, with the 5-year warranty and free service, it seems like you've got yourself a winner.
Speaking of cars, I recently came across a mint condition one at a good price. Now, I'm looking into car shipping options, and I've got ShipVehicles in mind. Here's the link if you want to check it out: https://www.shipvehicles.com/
Last edited by LeonardBaxter on Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

She pretty, congrats!
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
ianp

Post by ianp »

Same way I went, you won't be disappointed!
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post