F Type Convertale Issues

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Skid1768

Post by Skid1768 »

Afternoon peeps,

Firstly, I just wanted to say hello as I am new to this forum and the world of jaguar. I have in the past flirted with TVR's, Alfa Romeo', Maserati to but name but a few and I thought I would give Jaguar a go. After months of research I decided on a Convertable F Type 3.0 V6S, a lovely machine and I am enjoying the ownership.

However, I just wanted to let you all know of my tale of woe in the hope that it does not happen to anyone here.

I thought I would be brave and go to a Main dealer for my first service with the cra, I didn't buy it from new.
The sevrice went smoothly and I asked the dealership to do a greasing routine on the roof where possible which they stated they did.

So, when I got the car back, whilst moving it onto the drive, I went to open the roof to check the work and unfortunately it didn't.
I obviously contacted the service department to clarify if the greasing had been carried out, which they confirmed. When I told him it wasn’t working, the service assistant went away to clarify the work had been completed, coming back stated that they had made a mistake and they hadn’t carried a service routine because the roof wasn’t working.
My annoyance is twofold, he lied about the greasing routine on the roof, secondly, when the service department knew of the issue with the roof, mentioned nothing about it, I would expect a JLR service department to be of high standards but disappointingly not in this case.

So, I booked the car in again and after much digging around on the forums, recommended the garage look at the drainage holes for the roof system. Upon inspection, they were fully blocked and the resultant water had overflowed inot the motor(s) compartment where they had seized solid. So, the roof had to come off and the motors replaced, they also installed modified drainage holes andinstalled a drain in the motor(s) compartment to prevent the issue happening again.

So, I just want to let anyone who has an F Type convertable to check their drainage holes or get the car in to get it done to hopefully save them a large bill, there is no maintenance routine suggested in the Jaguar servicing to check these holes but they obviously know about the issue having a modification ready.

I was stung for over £1600 and I would like to try and prevent anyone else suffering the same.

Rant Over, heres to many happy roof down motoring days.

Cheers

Stuart.
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6S

scm

Post by scm »

I think there's already been a thread on here about this very issue. Glad you got it sorted out, albeit at some expense.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome to the forum Stuart.

That's a bit of a rubbish introduction to F ownership you've had. Hopefully now you are enjoying the nice dry weather and going topless at every opportunity. It certainly helps to give you a stupid grin from being able to hear the exhaust so well! :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post