New lady owner saying hello

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
scm

Post by scm »

My local smart repair guy is brilliant, but as I don't know whereabouts you are ... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

catsandtrees wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:35 am You guys are so funny and helpful.

So gutted as on Friday a bloody stone hit my door and left a few marks which I can get my nail in.

Currently saving up for ceramic coating so will now have to get this sorted first.

Any recommendations as to the best way? T cut won’t do as too deep.

How annoying! I had similar, although deeper than yours and used a guy called Tan Likiliki from Chipsaway who did an amazing job, literally impossible to see where it was. He was recommended to me. I’m sure other Chipsaway people might be as good but he might cover Southampton area. Edit: not sure why I thought you were in the Southampton area, but if you are he does a great job!

Ceramic coating won’t stop this sort of damage though, you’ll need to have PPF fitted to do that.

Hope you get it back to how it should be!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

GusA wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:59 am How annoying! I had similar, although deeper than yours and used a guy called Tan Likiliki from Chipsaway who did an amazing job, literally impossible to see where it was. He was recommended to me. I’m sure other Chipsaway people might be as good but he might cover Southampton area. Edit: not sure why I thought you were in the Southampton area, but if you are he does a great job!

Glad my recommendation went well for you ;)
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
scm

Post by scm »

GusA wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:59 amI’m sure other Chipsaway people might be as good but he might cover Southampton area.
For the Southampton area, NFL Smart Repairs is the go to place, IME. ;)

https://nflsmartrepairs.co.uk/

No connection other than as a satified customer.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
catsandtrees

Post by catsandtrees »

scm wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:49 am
GusA wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:59 amI’m sure other Chipsaway people might be as good but he might cover Southampton area.
For the Southampton area, NFL Smart Repairs is the go to place, IME. ;)

https://nflsmartrepairs.co.uk/

No connection other than as a satified customer.
In in south Leicestershire. I took it round to the nearest chips away guy today. Chose him as his reviews are excellent. He’s going to fix it tomorrow for £50 so happy with that. He’s also going to tidy up a couple of stone chips in that price as well.

Fingers crossed she looks good afterwards.
MY18 Storm Grey V6 340 coupe R dynamic. Ivory seats & headlining Meridian sound system sports exhaust
ianp

Post by ianp »

The problem with avian fecal matter is that it contains grit. Birds have no ability to chew but swallow grit with food which helps breakdown the feed to allow digestion. The best way to remove the matter is to dissolve the offending item with boiling water which instantly allows it to be gently wiped off. I once ruined a patch of metallic paint on a Merc I once owned. Nice wheels by the way!
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.
catsandtrees

Post by catsandtrees »

ianp wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:53 pm The problem with avian fecal matter is that it contains grit. Birds have no ability to chew but swallow grit with food which helps breakdown the feed to allow digestion. The best way to remove the matter is to dissolve the offending item with boiling water which instantly allows it to be gently wiped off. I once ruined a patch of metallic paint on a Merc I once owned. Nice wheels by the way!

Thanks for the tip.
MY18 Storm Grey V6 340 coupe R dynamic. Ivory seats & headlining Meridian sound system sports exhaust
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

Lovely car. Welcome to the forum from another grey ftype owner.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yeah, my hair's long past it's best too ;)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

It matches my hair colour :-)
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post