Luxembourg calling!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Hi!

New member from Luxembourg here. Tom is the name and two days ago I took delivery of a late MY18 RWD 380hp V6 R-Dynamic in BRG with a shedload of options.

I'm not new to Jaguars and have been a big X250 XF enthusiast for 8 years before getting the F-Type. First I had an X250 XFS Portfolio for four years and then a 3.0 Supercharged AWD for four years. During those years I've been quite active over at the brilliant XF forum jaginfo. I've also tried out most of the Jaguar lineup over the years, including the F-Type. Exactly two years ago on this day, I also had the pleasure of getting a private tour of the whole F-Type production line at Castle Bromwich. I always loved the F-Type and now that I don't need the space of the XF it was time for an F-type as my new combined all year daily driver, fun car and road trip car.

It's been a long process and I was actually aiming at buying one only in a few months. Then this incredible example showed up at a dealer over in Germany only half an hour from where I live and I realised it was pretty much the unicorn that I was looking for. I wasn't interested in ordering a new one and have scanned the western European market (mainly Germany but also Benelux) for a couple of months, gradually realising that what I was looking for was rare as hens teeth: a relatively new high spec V6S/P380 coupé, not black or white, with the pano roof and with a non black interior.

Engine wise I knew the AJ126 V6 extremely well after 4 years in my last XF. I really tried to like the P300 - test drove both a pre-facelift and facelift - but had to conclude it wasn't for me. Call me crazy but as much as I love the AJ133 V8 I've never been interested in having one in an F-type. The 400 was a no go because of its interior. I wanted as much driving tech and toys as possible so it had to be the V6S/P380.

Bought as approved with 2 years warranty from a JLR dealer nearby. Immaculate with an immaculate history and low mileage. The same dealer sold it new to the previous owner, who apparently now has moved over to an AMG GT and regrets the change. :)

Exterior: British racing green with the design black pack, pano roof and my favourite F-type wheels - the 20" carbon blades.
Interior: the full fat extended leather spec in siena tan with the heated/cooled performance seats, interior black pack, carbon trim, flat bottom steering wheel, the metal pedals etc.

It has the 8" ICTP which is exactly what I want because it has the physical buttons and I can add CarPlay. In terms of toys it has everything you can get except four things: AHBA, DAB (usless in continental Europe), the surround stereo version and the secure tracker ICTP add-on. None of which I would want anyway. Not sure I'd have specced some of the other kit it has like homelink, parallel park assistant and interior black pack but consider them as a bonus.

Being a loaded RWD V6S it obviously has all the nice driving kit like the active exhaust, adaptive dampers, LSD, launch control, configurable dynamic mode plus the big 380/376 mm brakes (thankfully specced in black and not red!).

The first mods have already been done - moved over LED footwell lights and aluminium paddles from my XF. Next in line is to install the mirror indicator lights I had in my XF. New door/puddle projector lights are also in the pipeline and the main upcoming mod will probably be to pop in the Unique Audio kit to get CarPlay. I had both by XFs remapped but think I'll keep this stock.

Took the two last days off so I had plenty of time to to really get to know the car and so far am super happy with it. :)

P1070052.JPG

IMG_1269_2.jpg

IMG_1351.JPG

P1070049.JPG

MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Will look brilliant on the Luxembourg roads - but must be tempting to have a run on the Autobahn too.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

Welcome to the club.
Very nice car especially the interior!!
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Yes also love that interior such a great contrast
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Hammers wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:35 pm Will look brilliant on the Luxembourg roads - but must be tempting to have a run on the Autobahn too.
Cheers, it sure does. So happy to live in a country with such amazing roads all over the place.

I actually had the pleasure of taking the Autobahn on the way home from the dealer. Only live some 20 minutes from the German border where the Autobahn starts so there will certainly be more Autobahn time. Speaking of speed I'm also about an hour away from the Nürburgring and will certainly pop over there with the F-Type. Did some laps with my last XF there too.
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

:D You lucky devil
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Nice to see you on here Tom. I've seen you on the other site, I'm Swindon Andy over there. I've had some super help from knowledgeable people on this site.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Jaguandy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:00 am Nice to see you on here Tom. I've seen you on the other site, I'm Swindon Andy over there. I've had some super help from knowledgeable people on this site.
Good to see you over here Andy! Yeah, this forum does seem to be a great one.