New owner of V6 S

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
JFType

Post by JFType »

Thanks all and apologies for slow reply, I must not have settings correct on here to notify me of responses!

Here it is!

4FC9A9D6-2B64-4FFE-A721-BB6166923FB1.jpeg

Yes the car definitely has the little circles at the front, but it’s as if the car doesn’t recognise them, only the rear, and the message when the rear ones automatically come on only mentions rear sensors.
I’m not sure where to find the build sheet? Is this something I can order from Jaguar? Didn’t come with the car.
Anyway, the supplying dealer is going to rectify the sensor issue so will find out what the problem is when this has been done. Thanks for the comments!

scm

Post by scm »

Looks good! Ask the dealer for a copy of the TOPIx Vehicle Summary.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JFType

Post by JFType »

So the saga of the front parking sensors continues - they supplying used car dealer (not JLR) has said that the sensors on the front bumper must be aftermarket ones added on, and they have stopped working - but there is no sign of an extra button in the cabin, and the sensors in the front bumper look like original ones, they have certainly not been stuck on and they are in the correct place.
I have logged on to the ToPix thing to have a look for the original spec of the car but can’t find any documents for the factory spec of the car. Any thoughts on how to access this? Wonder if my local jag dealer would be friendly enough to supply this despite me not buying it from them..?
(The used car dealer says they don’t have access to this part of the ToPix system).
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

JFType wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:53 pm So the saga of the front parking sensors continues - they supplying used car dealer (not JLR) has said that the sensors on the front bumper must be aftermarket ones added on, and they have stopped working - but there is no sign of an extra button in the cabin, and the sensors in the front bumper look like original ones, they have certainly not been stuck on and they are in the correct place.
I have logged on to the ToPix thing to have a look for the original spec of the car but can’t find any documents for the factory spec of the car. Any thoughts on how to access this? Wonder if my local jag dealer would be friendly enough to supply this despite me not buying it from them..?
(The used car dealer says they don’t have access to this part of the ToPix system).
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Speak to your local Jag dealer, it’s fairly straightforward for them to enter your VIN into TOPix and print off or download a pdf of the factory build sheet. It can’t harm to ask, the worst that can happen is they say ‘no’!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Congratulations on your new acquisition, beautiful car 😍

You can see your factory fitted rear sensors. Either Castle Brom forgot to fit the front ones or your supplying garage are fobbing you off. Tough one to judge...

Not sure a main dealer would get involved unless you booked it in for repair.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
JFType

Post by JFType »

Thanks guys, I’ll give the local dealer a bell and see where I get 👍
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Are the front circles on the outside area of the front or all across? If just the outside likely Lane Keep Assist sensor rather than parking sensor.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Pete@Jaguar

Post by Pete@Jaguar »

JFType wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:53 pm So the saga of the front parking sensors continues - they supplying used car dealer (not JLR) has said that the sensors on the front bumper must be aftermarket ones added on, and they have stopped working - but there is no sign of an extra button in the cabin, and the sensors in the front bumper look like original ones, they have certainly not been stuck on and they are in the correct place.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Good morning JFtype,

Thank you for your post.

Should you wish for me to investigate the specification of your vehicle please send me a PM with your VIN and your contact details and I would be happy to assist you further.

Thanks, Dan - Jaguar UK

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post