New owner of V6 S

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
JFType

Post by JFType »

Hello all, new proud owner of a 2015 V6 S Coupe in black. Wanted one of these since they came out and finally taken the plunge and I’m not disappointed!

Quick question if anyone would happen to know the answer...
The car has front parking sensors - they are present on the car but only the rear ones seem to work - rear ones come to life when putting into reverse but the front ones make no noise at all, the ‘P’ button next to the infotainment screen doesn’t seem to make any difference other than switch off the rear ones and the settings button is greyed out and not pressable for the parking aid when the rears sensors are on. Any thoughts please?

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome. Pics always good!

Front sensors were an option, are you sure it has them? Where did you buy from?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Get the build sheet to know whether the option was taken up. But otherwise the telltale little circles on the front bumper should give it away. Having the button internally is no guarantee.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

My 2015 model has them, but they only come on after reverse has been selected, or when I press the button if driving slowly forward. They take a couple of seconds to react.
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Morning and welcome!
I’m sure your new F looks great in black - photos would prove it 😉
I would expect an error message if the front sensors are present but not working. The only other possibility I can think of would be if the nose cone has been replaced. Hope the build sheet shows you have front sensors and it’s an easy fix to sort it.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

IMG_6599.jpeg

Morning and welcome to the forum.
As Gareth said unless you have an error showing the forward sensors only work when this button is pressed. If you reverse first and then drive forward they come on automatically. Easy to forget.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
scm

Post by scm »

Brendub wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:53 am As Gareth said unless you have an error showing the forward sensors only work when this button is pressed. If you reverse first and then drive forward they come on automatically.
In my experience, the forward sensors come on when you select reverse, and stay on until you drive forward at 10 mph. So not "only work when this button is pressed" - that's to override the necessity for selecting reverse.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

scm wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:13 am
Brendub wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:53 am As Gareth said unless you have an error showing the forward sensors only work when this button is pressed. If you reverse first and then drive forward they come on automatically.
In my experience, the forward sensors come on when you select reverse, and stay on until you drive forward at 10 mph. So not "only work when this button is pressed" - that's to override the necessity for selecting reverse.
My old XF had a random front sensors on and off particulary when damp or raining. I got so used to turning the front on by the switch. Old habit. :-)
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

My old XE I had to turn it on with the switch or put the car in reverse and then in Drive and it would come on.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Big Mack

Post by Big Mack »

I had the same issue when I first purchased my ftype. The volume on the beeps was turned down/off. Volume Just needed turning up.
Silver V6 S, panoramic roof, active exhaust, black pack

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post