R-Dynamic P300

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
martync

Post by martync »

Hi folks,

I'm a new F-Type owner with a 2020 R-Dynamic P300 Coupe in Portofino Blue. One previous owner and only 1800 miles on the clock. I'm still exploring the car but got the build spec (TOPIx summary) from the JLR salesman. I've managed to find and figure out most of the listed features but I'm a bit puzzled since the build spec lists the roof as "fixed panoramic" even though the roof is most definitely not glass! Would this be normal or could the roof have been changed?

As well as that little mystery I was surprised to find that it's single-zone climate control, even though there are two controls! I read on this forum that others have been similarly surprised! Is there any way to get the controls decoupled?

Apart from that what a fab drive it is and enjoying it immensely!

Brendub

Post by Brendub »

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

On the build sheet does it say "Roof conversion Roof- Fixed Panoramic" If it does then it should be there. It has a blind which you pull back, Took me a few minutes to figure that one out. If not then it may have been changed. Yep single zone is common, Not sure if you can get someone to change the software to make it two zone. Good side is it gives me control over the wife turning the temp up as she thinks it is two zone.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
martync

Post by martync »

Hi,
the build sheet shows "Body Style COUPE 2DOOR CONVERSIO..." in the Features section and "ROOF - FIXED PANORAMIC" in the Minor Features section. But the headlining is just one piece and no blind as fas far as I can see, and from the outside it doesn't look like a glass roof either!

So far he dealership hasn't been very helpful about the roof or the climate controls!
F-Type Coupe P300 R-Dynamic Portofino Blue MY2020
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Twin zone climate was an optional extra but the two controls also control the seat heating and cooling if fitted. Personally I’ve never seen the point of multi zone climate control and my OCD doesn’t like seeing two different temperatures!
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Having looked at CPO 2020 with single zone heating/cooling, I can confirm that converting to dual zone is not just a software issue.
There are valves etc in the mix. The dual zone package includes seat heat/cooling and is an extra.
I rejected the single zone because my wife likes 75-80F versus my 67F ( I am British!!). She really likes the heated seats as well.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
martync

Post by martync »

Thanks for the info. Strange thing is that it's got independent heated seats, so I assumed that the climate control would be Independent. Wrong!
F-Type Coupe P300 R-Dynamic Portofino Blue MY2020
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

It’s not all one package, you can have just heated seats or heated and cooled seats (climate seats) and you can have single or two zone climate separately. You can only have cooled seats if they are the upgraded performance seats. Two zone climate in a car with normal sports seats can’t have cooled seats.
scm

Post by scm »

I think (though may be wrong) that there's a vehicle setting to sync the two zone climate controls, which may make it act like a single zone? Of course, it may be a single action in real time.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Have to admit the Jaguar spec sheets are the worst I have seen. They list everything and then have ‘less’ an item not included. Why are they not simple like other manufacturers? It is just a software issue. Most list the standard specification then have a list of the additional options.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post