New member hopefully ftype owner from tomorrow need some advise

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Chrisjaglover

Post by Chrisjaglover »

Hi all
Going to look at a 2015 3.0 S Tomorrow at Jag Indy dealer. In their add it says will be supplied with new MOT & Service. This would be year 6 service, so am I correct in thinking it should include, suppercharger belt replacement, spark plugs, brake fluid change, and diff oil change. Also any tips on things to look out for when viewing, and on test drive.
MY18 400 Sport convertible RWD Santorini black , loads of toys & noise

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

You’d need the VIN to look up specifically what that car needs at 6 years but for my V6 P380 it says engine oil and filter, interior air filter and replace brake fluid. Supercharger belt is 9 years for mine, spark plugs every 5 years, diff oil every 4 years. Check that spark plugs and diff oil have been done when they should have been.

Check underneath if possible for rusty cross braces and windows for vertical scratches. Check all of the electrics work properly and the active exhaust works as it should.

Confirm grin muscles working too!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi there, if you want the service history and/or VIN and/or history then post a reg with what you want and I'll look it up on Jag system for you.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Chrisjaglover

Post by Chrisjaglover »

Hi all thanks for quick reply’s and help,
SimplyR the reg VA15CEX thanks for any help you can give.
Chrisjaglover

Post by Chrisjaglover »

SimpleR If you can get vin to check service requirements, and current service history would be good, many thanks.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I've looked this car up before as it's in my search history on PNC so someone has asked about it before. Cannot for the life of me find it though.

So it's a V plate with no recorded PDI and no country of registration on Jaguar system. This would usually mean it was originally a Jaguar press car however I find no search for it on the internet. HOWEVER the car shows as 5 previous owners of which the first owner had it for first 5000 miles which means it definitely wasn't as it had been serviced by a Jaguar dealer inbetween.

First and second service OK. Third was 10 months late and nothing recorded since then so service history shows 421 days overdue on 4th service (5th service overdue as well) but it might have paper records from a non jaguar garage.

Https://osh.jaguar.com and VIN is SAJAC65B2F8K17473

After going to above website, enter VIN, and then click on servicing information tab and you can select each service and click submit and see what should of been done. IE 4th service will shows rear diff oil change for example.

Now who asked about this car previously then?
Chrisjaglover

Post by Chrisjaglover »

Thanks for all that SimpleR sounds like proceed with caution is order of the day. Just checked the service history on my 16my XF history shows PDI
Dealer add says comes from local lady owner. That ties in as they are in Sussex and the last recorded service was also Brighton in Sussex. The 5 owner and missing service history on a 15k miles car, sends loads of no no’s. May not be an FType owner tomorrow after all :( . Will see what dealer has in paperwork before I make a decision. Thanks for your help and if I don’t buy tomorrow may well ask for your help again soon in my search for my dream car.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Enjoy the test drive. Loads out there so don't be afraid to walk away if it isn't right.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post