V6 Coupe vs V6 Coupe S - any difference in exhaust note?

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
vpriit01

Post by vpriit01 »

Hi

I apologise if this has been covered, but after an hour spent on Google I have not found an answer to this basic question - is there a difference in exhaust sound between the 250kw 335hp V6 Coupe and the 279kw 375hp V6 Coupe S?

Thank you very much.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome - and no 🙂
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
vpriit01

Post by vpriit01 »

Thank you! That makes me more inclined to not exclude the regular Coupe when deciding between the two cars.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Generally the V6S' will be higher spec'd, therefore you'll be getting a lot more extras included for your money.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

But then there are people who stretch to an S but then can’t afford the nice options such as the performance seats.
I would say look for the spec you want rather than get hung up on a 340 or 380 - it broadens your potential choice 👍🏻
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

My V6 coupe came with all the options I was after ie panaramic roof,fixed rear spoiler,black pack, design pack and performance seats 20” wheels no noticeable difference in performance find the spec you want cheers Tony.
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles 😀😀😀
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

If the exhaust note is what counts they will both be fine.

One reason to why I focused on getting an S was that I wanted as much driving toys as possible like the active exhaust, active dampers, configurable dynamic mode, LSD and launch control. Most of that can of course come as options on a base car. And as said, the S cars often come very well specced.

Another reason was that I didn't want the down tuned version of the engine because I aimed at getting a car with a couple of years warranty and wanted to have as much power as possible without going the remap route. Having said that, I wouldn't say there's a huge perceived difference between 340, 380 or even more horses from the V6 unless you drive it very hard because the additional power only comes towards the top of the rev range. I had the AJ126 for four years in my XF prior to the F-Type... first year stock 340 hp, then remapped to about 415 hp during about 3 years and then got the stock map back in it before trading it in. The difference when going from 415 back to 340 hp was smaller than I had expected.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post