Researching for a P450 buy

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
kevc

Post by kevc »

Hi all,

I've been lurking on here for quite some time!

Ever since the CX16 concept came out in 2011 I've wanted an F-type. The styling and the noise just tick all my boxes. I did consider a MY17/18 for a while but I've bought new since 1999 so I'd rather do that and I'm looking very seriously at the P450. I tend to keep my cars for a long time (I'm only on my 3rd car in 22 years!) so it makes sense to spec exactly what I want (likely to be bluefire with splitspokes, the pano roof and sports seats).

I had a Scirocco in 09 and I'm currently in a TT-S since 2016 but I just haven't gelled with it that much. Probably because I actually wanted the Jag but wasn't in a position to do it, so the time is nigh to change it. The pandemic has made me think 'what the hell, you only live once'.

There are some good discounts to be had and I'll probably keep it until the combustion ban at least, so it'll be a long term buy. It'll also be a daily driver doing 8k a year so hopefully that will be ok.

I'd love to hang on and see if PIVI is coming before the F-type is killed off in 2025 but I suspect that won't happen but I'm likely to wait until around Jan 2022 to order. This is a great resource site and I've learned a lot already on here so looking forward to learning more before I buy.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21

Cluck

Post by Cluck »

As a P450 owner, I thoroughly approve of your choice of car :D

There are only a couple of options I would have liked, that I didn't buy, but I went with the ones that were essential for me (given that I was buying it outright and planning on keeping it for many years) within what I was prepared to spend - it's always a question of budget compromises. That said, I think the only thing I would have really liked is the 12-way seats over the 6-way, but I would have had to sacrifice the suede cloth headlining and in all honesty, I don't regret my decision for a minute.

And the "what the hell" attitude is precisely why I bought mine. It's a mantra from a good friend of my late-mother's - "sod it, what the hell".
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the forum!

I wouldn't have any hesitation using a P450 as a daily driver - my V8R AWD is my daily driver, if I could drive it every day in these troubled times.

Good luck with the spec, hope you can get everything you want! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
kevc

Post by kevc »

:) thanks

I think the only spec items I'm likely to leave off are illuminated kick plates, dual climate (I've never had the left and right set differently as it is), the air quality thing, pixel headlights, spoiler and the auto parking. Everything else is likely to be ticked. The seats are a bit pricey but I like heated and leather ones so I'll have to bite the bullet on that cost.
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

If you're going full leather performance seats then bear in mind the illuminated kickplates only add another £145 and also includes the adjustable ambient lighting colours (though there is a v.limited range of colour available)
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
scm

Post by scm »

kevc wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:44 pmThe seats are a bit pricey but I like heated and leather ones so I'll have to bite the bullet on that cost.
You're not going for heated and cooled? ;)
And in the UK, a heated windscreen is a boon!
basher

Post by basher »

Hello Kev... from a fellow Kev and former TTS owner. 😁

Like you, I've tended to keep my cars for many years, and my previous 3 were all new.

However, my F was bought at 1 year old, with only 1K on the clock and 1 owner. So... effectively brand new but "run in".

I saved £22K on the new list price!

Don't discount almost-new cars. Your wallet will be happy. 😉
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
scm

Post by scm »

basher wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:38 pmHowever, my F was bought at 1 year old, with only 1K on the clock and 1 owner. So... effectively brand new but "run in".

I saved £22K on the new list price!

Don't discount almost-new cars. Your wallet will be happy. 😉
Er, Jaguar quotes 3k for the run-in period! Like you I bought mine at 1 year old with 1300 miles on it, and saved about £30K on list. But it was still way more than I'd ever spent on a car before! :D
kevc

Post by kevc »

Cluck wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:52 pm If you're going full leather performance seats then bear in mind the illuminated kickplates only add another £145 and also includes the adjustable ambient lighting colours (though there is a v.limited range of colour available)
Yeah but I wonder if it's something you pick once and never change so seems a lot of money for a single setting item. If I'm feeling frivolous I might!
scm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:03 pm You're not going for heated and cooled? ;)
And in the UK, a heated windscreen is a boon!
That's a combo so they'll be cooled too.
Agree about the heated screen. I had that on my Puma 20 years ago and absolutely loved it. First option I ticked :)

Regarding new vs nearly new, yes I've looked closely at that too but none of the ex-demos had had the spec I want. They nearly always skimp on the seats! I reckon I can get 10-15% off, plus my part-ex which will be close to £25k off all in anyway. I'll also take PCP to get the Jaguar contribution and then pay it off after a couple of weeks so that's (I think) another 4k off so the price difference isn;t that much and I get the spec I want.
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I'll be honest, the adjustable lighting isn't much to write home about but you do at least have a choice of colours rather than 'getting what you're given' - I have changed mine from the default, so I guess it was worth it!. The illuminated kickplate is actually quite nice when it's dark. But yeah, both are completely unnecessary, just thought I'd point out that it's not as expensive an add-on when you're going the full leather route.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post