New member with a growing itch for an F Type!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Shaminc3

Post by Shaminc3 »

Hi all

Thought to introduce myself having lurked here over the last year or so. I have just sold a relatively practical and safe Audi A4 in order to avoid the heavy depreciation that was about to hit me (it was a 2020 reg). With that now gone, I've been spending a bit of time trying to figure out the market and pricing of P300 and V6 F Types (2016-2018). I think i'm still being too optimistic about a sub-£30k price tag but we'll see where we get to! Ideally hunting for a black pack + pan roof but otherwise not all that picky.

Any advice as to places to look (or avoid) are always helpful - have currently been looking generally at Auto Trader, Jaguar Approved, and recently saw some interesting things fly off the shelf from Cazoo weirdly enough.

Thanks
Black 2.0 R-Dynamic MY19 F-Type

Fez

Post by Fez »

If I was in the market for a second one I would look for a 400 sport Model year 18.5 (Aug 17 to Feb 18). If it has lane departure switch right hand lower level of dash then it is a 18.5. The price might be the problem as not many 400s are sub 40k. Or option to V6S. The p300 badging came out in later a I believe. SimpleR would now the dates and very good at getting history for you if you ask nicely.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Jaguar used car prices continue to increase.

There won't be anything under 30k on used approved. (12-18 months ago there would of been).

There will be cars under 30k on auto trader, ebay and other such sites. These will be earlier 13 to 64 plates and/or high miles and/or limited service history and/or high number of owners and/or base limited options cars. Do look out for CAT repaired cars and these will be in the sub £30k area.

I would recommend you drive the P300 and v6, look closely at seats and options available, decide what is a must have and what is desirable and then start looking.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

I was speaking to a car dealer and they are under the impression prices will return to pre madness prices by the winter and decreases will start in the autumn. Time will tell.
Shaminc3

Post by Shaminc3 »

Thanks everyone. That’s helpful to know and interesting point around the prices. It may well just have to be something I keep an eye on and see how prices change coming out of the pandemic. May even push the budget up if something worthwhile pops up.

Is there a particular mileage at which you start getting concerned about when things will start getting costly to replace/repair?

Thanks
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I've seen a few cars approaching 100,000 miles being advertised.

Personally for me, I would rather have a single owner higher mileage car that has been used and cared for (look for a full service history and recorded diff oil changes as an example) than a 7 owner lower mileage car as I would rather know the history from the owner.

As for problems with higher mileage cars, that's a bit for tricky as the vast majority aren't used everyday and high mileage cars will be rare but shouldn't be discounted.
scm

Post by scm »

Not F-Types, but i've had a couple of high mileage Jags - a 2001 XK8 with 70,000 miles and a 2004 XKR which had 98,000 miles on it when I traded it for a 2010 XKR. Neither gave any reliability problems, the XK8 split its coolant expansion tank (known weak point), and the XKR burst an oil pipe at around 90,000 miles. Ironically, the 2010 XKR needed a new (Ford) water pump at around 12,000 miles - go figure!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Shaminc3

Post by Shaminc3 »

simpleR wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:00 pm I've seen a few cars approaching 100,000 miles being advertised.

Personally for me, I would rather have a single owner higher mileage car that has been used and cared for (look for a full service history and recorded diff oil changes as an example) than a 7 owner lower mileage car as I would rather know the history from the owner.

As for problems with higher mileage cars, that's a bit for tricky as the vast majority aren't used everyday and high mileage cars will be rare but shouldn't be discounted.
Thanks! simpleR - would you be able to help me run a search for EX65 HSA? Would be much appreciated - I can already see its had a few MOT fails and potentially issue with coolant leak/need to chase rear brakes soon...
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Shaminc3 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:09 am Thanks! simpleR - would you be able to help me run a search for EX65 HSA? Would be much appreciated - I can already see its had a few MOT fails and potentially issue with coolant leak/need to chase rear brakes soon...
Car 26606 v6 (non-S)

VIN - SAJAC60F2G8K26606
Service history - nothing recorded since 20th June 2018 - https://osh.jaguar.com

Multiple MOT failures as you know and active warnings for low brake pads and coolant leak.
Clear on PNC

Shows as 7 previous owners with last 5 owners since 10th June 2019 so its changed hands a few times in the last few years.
Based on the price, spec, owners and service history, book price is £28,120 (Jaguar would only give £23,107 for it).

I would suggest there are better cars out there if you can go above £30k, £35-38k would be better. If you have a definite spec, model, conv/couple, colour and MUST have options then I can run a search as opposed to posting possible reg plates.
Shaminc3

Post by Shaminc3 »

simpleR wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:16 am
Shaminc3 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:09 am Thanks! simpleR - would you be able to help me run a search for EX65 HSA? Would be much appreciated - I can already see its had a few MOT fails and potentially issue with coolant leak/need to chase rear brakes soon...
Car 26606 v6 (non-S)

VIN - SAJAC60F2G8K26606
Service history - nothing recorded since 20th June 2018 - https://osh.jaguar.com

Multiple MOT failures as you know and active warnings for low brake pads and coolant leak.
Clear on PNC

Shows as 7 previous owners with last 5 owners since 10th June 2019 so its changed hands a few times in the last few years.
Based on the price, spec, owners and service history, book price is £28,120 (Jaguar would only give £23,107 for it).

I would suggest there are better cars out there if you can go above £30k, £35-38k would be better. If you have a definite spec, model, conv/couple, colour and MUST have options then I can run a search as opposed to posting possible reg plates.
Sorry simpleR, I realised I never came back to you on this! Thank you for running the search - I think some other poor guy has taken this up at the listed price so happy to not get entangled with this. I have finally done some soul searching on what I wanted and have landed on a 2017 couple, 2.0l, pan roof, black pack, 10 spoke 2036 style wheels and colours not the end of the world but (Grey, blue, Black and silver are preferred in that order). Just a matter of price as WBAC actually seems to come out cheaper for valuation by a good £3k than what people are selling at the moment which comes as no real surprise.

EDIT: Does anyone think it would be overpaying for the current price of this? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... dal=photos

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post