New Owner - Exciting!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Deleted User 3412

Post by Deleted User 3412 »

Popeye wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:22 pm I have just fitted the carbon bonnet and side vents also. Bonnet vents or 'louvres' are a doddle but side vents a different animal. The official instructions advise to drill two 12mm holes and thread a cable tie through said holes and pull the vent out which seemed harsh. However, with the bonnet open and door open you can lever with your hands the side vent just enough to slip the cable table behind it and remove the vent (or louvre) without the need for drilling holes. It does take a fair bit of persuasion but does come out.
Thank you for this! Going to give it a go and make sure no don’t rush and damage any paintwork! Any pics would be great :)

Popeye

Post by Popeye »

I received my parts last week and have been reading lots of posts and trying to find related videos for advice and tips and was actually thinking of paying the dealer to fit them at next service.
Finished work today and was in my garage looking at the instructions and started playing. This is the first time I have changed them and bonnet vents took about 20 minutes and side vents about an hour. The only reason the side vents took so long was figuring out the cable tie solution. Just take your time and be positive and it is easily achievable.
R Dynamic 380 MY18 Santorini Black Coupe

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post