New Owner - Exciting!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Deleted User 3412

Post by Deleted User 3412 »

So, thank you to a few of you to replies on my previous thread. After 15 years of longing for a weekend car I have finally taken the plunge on a White 2014 V6 convertible, Low mileage, full history and what I think is a reasonably good spec. My budget is at the lower end for an f-type so perhaps not as fancy as some of your toys but either way I can’t wait to collect it on Friday! If only it wasn’t due to hammer it down with rain on my 165 mile journey home……

Pics to follow

I look forward to learning more and being an active member of the community :D

Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Congratulations and don't worry about the "lower end" view they are all beautiful cars. I bought a highly spec'd new car but just the 2.0 litre, but it still looks beautiful, drives beautifully, is a lot of fun, and has enough power to create that sports car feel. There are always compromises and I preferred a new car at this stage as it will get a lot of miles over the next few years, and the 2.0 litre due to those same miles and petrol prices. The weekender in the future will likely be a V8, but will buy used as the price of a V8 in Australia with Luxury car tax is ridiculous - think UK super car prices. So as I say all compromises based on personal needs, budgets, wishes, but every one of the F-Types are a beautiful car and no doubt you will be smiling every time you look at it. Oh and white convertible I might be biased about, but they look damn good.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
scm

Post by scm »

I test drove a V8 in a torrential downpour and was really impressed by how well it stuck to the road, even through standing water, so don't have too many qualms about your drive home! Friday will seem a long way away ... ;)

Welcome aboard, you picked the best colour!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Congratulations! There aren’t any ‘lower end’ F Types, they’re all great - enjoy 😀
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

it's like vintage wine and people , it only gets better with age!
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Welcome aboard. Don't worry about age, they all look fantastic - timeless. Friday will seem a long time coming. You'll have a big grin on your face whatever the weather. They handle fine in the wet, just go slightly lighter on the right foot 😉.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Chrisjaglover

Post by Chrisjaglover »

Welcome from a 1 week owner, the rain may have a negative impact on your smile mussels but 165 miles in your FType will cure that. Turn on the loud button and enjoy.
MY18 400 Sport convertible RWD Santorini black , loads of toys & noise
Deleted User 3412

Thanks everyone. It’s a 6am start to get the train to pick it up so not much time waiting around 😁
Pics will follow.
Is it sad that I’m looking forward to detailing it already? And planning a few very subtle upgrades! It will be kept mostly stock, you can’t improve on near perfection!
scm

Post by scm »

Chrisjaglover wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:45 pm... the rain may have a negative impact on your smile mussels ...
Don't be shellfish! :lol:
Chrisjaglover wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:45 pm... but 165 miles in your FType will cure that. Turn on the loud button and enjoy.
Better to select dynamic mode than the loud button, BTW. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 3412

Quick snap in the rain.
Sadly engine management light came on during drive home, first trip to the garage already, not a great start.

4B7F19EA-1593-41D4-8B9B-9F811D0D4A32.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post